Saturday, March 01, 2014

March 1, 2014 … Open My Eyes, Lord

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 60

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear the group, Hillsong, singing the poignant song, Open My Eyes, … which is a prayer that we open our eyes so that we can see glimpses of God’s Glory so that we can be closer and closer to our Lord in this life.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Exodus 3: 3 [NKJV] …  
3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.” 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Exodus, Chapter 3, Verses 1-12 [NKJV] Go to this link 
============
Reference Passage #1: Psalms 119: 18 [NKJV] …  
18 Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law.

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 7: 2 [NKJV] …  
2 Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional poses an interesting scenario and question: What if Moses had decided to ignore the sight of that burning bush up on the mountain? Wow … what a change in history would have been wrought if he had just turned away and had not taken in that (what I call) “glimpse of glory.”

I believe that God is merciful to those who love Him to allow us to get “glimpses of glory” in our lives, which point us toward the ultimate glory we will experience in heaven. But what if we don’t take the time to open our eyes and see these wondrous – but often fleeting – moments where, through the eye gate of our senses, we’re given a brief glimpse of God’s glory. I can remember standing on the beach at Waikiki in Hawaii and watching a beautiful sunrise AFTER I became a Christian; and it dawned on me that I was seeing that kind of a sunset entirely different than we had seen many such sunsets when we lived in Hawaii for two years many years before. When we have God’s Spirit in our hearts, it is His ministry to our souls that allows us to see a sunset or a sunrise WAY differently than a non-believer will see that same sunrise/sunset. Oh, it’s still God’s creation and it’s still Him trying to open our eyes to see Him, as the song link points us above; but when we know God, it’s easier for us to use the eye gate to see a bit of God’s glory than one who doesn’t have His Spirit in his/her heart.

And the place God gives me more glimpses of His glory than any place, is His word; and if you were to read and meditate on Psalm 119, like verse 18 above, you or I would find many, many glimpses of God’s glory. That’s why I’m here EVERY DAY, praying that God – through His word – will let me see more of Him and His glory. I’m glad you’re here with me today, prayerfully seeking to seem Him through His word as well.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, show me more of You as I move through life seeking to see You in this world … but even more in Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: