Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21, 2014 … Faithful Service

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 80

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear Steve Green singing his song Find Us Faithful, … reminding us that it’s not necessarily the glitzy and powerful who can serve God most faithfully.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Matthew 24: 21 [NKJV] …  
21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ . 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Matthew 24: 14-21 [NKJV] Go to this link  
============

Reference Passage #1: Lamentations 3: 22-23[NKJV] … Go to this link -

Reference Passage #2: 2nd Corinthians 5: 10 [NKJV] …  
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Reference Passage #3: Hebrews 11: 6 [NKJV] … 
 6 But without faith it is impossible to please [God], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. 

My Journal for Today: Today my Our Daily Bread devotional took me to one of my favorites of the Jesus parables, … “the Parable of the Talents” in Matthew 25: 14-30, with a primary focus on the passages where Jesus declares to the faithful of The Lord’s servants that He welcomes him into His heavenly service because of that one’s faithful service. And that’s what is depicted in the attached photo of Jesus welcoming His faithful servant into Heaven after a time of faithful service to God during His life.

I don’t know about you; but the Parable of the Talents speaks to my heart because I believe in the truth of the reference passages above (please take the time to meditate on them). I believe that my Lord Jesus is faithful and one day in heaven His faithful servants will be welcomed, as in the attached photo, with words like you read above in Matthew 25: 21, … “Well, done, My good and faithful servant.”

And again, I don’t know about you, but I want to be one of those. And for sure there will be those there in heaven, like the Billy Grahams of the world who have been faithful in the forefront of life. But I believe the ones whom Jesus will welcome with the biggest hugs of gratefulness will be the no-name servants who served behind the scenes of life, serving God diligently, using whatever gifts God has given them, … quietly, … to glorify their Lord with their service.

Will you join me? ... Let's want to be one of those!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, all I want to do today is serve You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: