Friday, March 28, 2014

March 28, 2014 … Waiting Patiently

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 87

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear John Waller singing the poignant and powerful song, While I’m Waiting, … reminding us to patiently wait on God and to serve Him obediently while we’re waiting.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Psalms 130: 5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. 6 My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning — yes, more than those who watch for the morning.  
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Psalms 130 [NKJV] … Go to this link  
=============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 8: 17 [NKJV] …  
17 And I will wait on the LORD, Who hides His face from the house of Jacob; and I will hope in Him.

Reference Passage #2: Isaiah 40: 31 [NKJV] …  
31 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Reference Passage #3: Lamentations 3: 22-23 [NKJV] …  
22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

Reference Passage #3: Romans 12: 12 [NKJV] … [Paul exhorted Christians to be … ]  
12 .... rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;

My Journal for Today: Fellow Christian … have you even been in a place in your life where you were praying and praying for some help from God; but your patience just didn’t seem to be rewarded with a clear, positive “YES” from God? I’d almost bet that you’ve been there, done that, and have the t-shirt on that one. I certainly have.

But as the attached photo, the linked song, and all of today’s passages from God’s word exhort, … we, who rest our hope – really our only hope – in Christ, must wait … and then wait some more.

That’s what the Psalmist did in today’s highlight passage. It’s what Isaiah did as God’s people were continually failing to wait in obedience to God. It’s what Paul exhorted the church in Rome to do in spite of all the persecution they were experiencing. And it’s what God says – rather loudly I might add – to me today as I pray once more, as I have for years, for my sister to be saved, for God to heal a friend to be delivered from his addiction to p0rn, and for … well, you fill in the blank with your long-term prayer need.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, we wait patiently on Your mercy, knowing that it’s new every morning. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: