Friday, March 07, 2014

March 7, 2014 … Our Translator

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 66

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear Queen Latifah, in the movie Joyful Noise singing the poignant song, Fix Me, Jesus, … praying for God to help her in ways that she needs fixing but hasn’t a clue how.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Romans 8: 26-27 [NKJV] …  
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Romans 8: 19-27 [NKJV] Go to this link 
============

Reference Passage #1: Ephesian 6: 18-19 [NKJV] …  
18 … praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints — 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, …

Reference Passage #2: Philippians 4: 6-7 [NKJV] …  
 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

My Journal for Today: Ever been a place in your life where you were in such agony or so perplexed that you didn’t know what or how to pray. In today’s Our Daily Bread entry, the word picture is used of being in a foreign land and needing a translator to communicate our needs. Well, when we come to God, desperately needing Him to intervene, but not knowing just how to express our needs, we do have a TRANSLATOR, i.e., the Holy Spirit, Who, as it states in today highlight passage, will by our advocate, … our translator, before the Godhead.

I hope the picture attached and the linked song expresses this for you. The song is of a desperate believer, not knowing just how to express the need for God to change her, praying a simple plea, ”Fix me, Jesus, fix me!” Can you imagine being in such a place? I sure can; and I will pray that way this morning, asking my dear advocate, The Holy Sprit, to put before my God the desires of my heart, with a thankful heart, as Paul stated in Phil. 4 and Eph. 6 above.

My Prayer for Today … Fix me, Jesus, … fix me! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: