Thursday, March 06, 2014

March 6, 2014 … New Every Morning

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 65

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear the group, Phillips, Craig, and Dean, singing the poignant song, He’ll Do Whatever It Takes, … reminding us that for those who believe and rely upon His mercies, our Heavenly Father will do whatever it takes in His time and in His manner to reform us into the image of His Son.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: Lamentations 3: 22-23 [NKJV] …  
22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Lamentations 3: 19-27 [NKJV] Go to this link 
============

Reference Passage #1: Isaiah 30: 18-19 [NKJV] …  
18 Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him. … 19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.

Reference Passage #2: Philippians 1: 6 [NKJV] … 
  6 … being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ …

My Journal for Today: Taking a look at the photo image I’ve attached, any who’ve followed my blogging here over the years will note that I’ve used that photo in the past – actually several times – to call attention to the subject matter of my daily blog into God’s word.

Really, the Our Daily Blog for today, which does deal with God’s mercy, would not adequately be referenced by this image today; but after I read today’s devotional entry from RBC Ministries today, which used the Isaiah 30 passage copied above, as their highlight passage, my mind/heart was taken to another passage, Lamentations 3: 22-23 as well as the larger contextual passage, linked above, for my text today. And my photo image attached most certainly does represent what God led me to journal today.

I hope you’ve taken in the photo, as well as the linked song video (by Phillips, Craig, and Dean), and then Bible Passages I’ve referenced above, meditating deeply on their meaning; because any Christian taking in all of that, I believe would have to be praising God now and thanking our Lord for His merciful transforming grace, … which truly is new every morning in the reality of God’s persistent – even relentless – work to transform us into the image of our Lord, Savior, and Messiah, … Jesus, the Christ.

Do I sense any of you declaring, “HALLELJUAH?!!” Or maybe, “Praise the Lord!!!” … Or quite possibly, “Thank You, Jesus!!!” 

My Prayer for Today … Oh, my Lord, those are my praises in prayer this morning!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: