Friday, June 01, 2018

June 1, 2018 … Be Still !!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 151 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Hillsong leading in worship and singing their song … Be Still and Know … poignantly singing how we, as Christians, must be willing to slow the pace of our life and desires to hear from and follow the directions of our God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 45:10a [NKJV] … 10  Be still, and know that I am God; … 
… God’s prescription to know Him more intimately …
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 46 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the Psalmist, lifts up believers and tells us to slow down … to be still … to receive the grace of God … no matter how confusing or frustrating life may be.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 10  Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, … Yes, I will help you, … I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 
… But our God can only do this if we know Him intimately and are will to wait on Him to give us His strength. If we want to do it on our own, He will let us.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus is always willing to lift up His disciples (yes, you and me) if we’re willing to let Him.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, gives us a prescription for His peace; but we must be willing to slow down - in prayer - and wait on His grace.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Elisa Morgan, uses a personal story to illustrate our need to slow down and take in God’s grace in this fast-paced life. The ODB author wrote: My friend and I sat in the sand, near the ever-rhythmic ocean. As the sun sank in the distance, wave after wave curled, paused and then rippled toward our extended toes, stopping just short each time. “I love the ocean,” she smiled. “It moves so I don’t have to.” 
What a thought! So many of us struggle to stop. We do, do, do … and go, go, go, … somehow afraid that if we cease our efforts we will cease to be. Or that by stopping we will expose ourselves to the ever-present realities we work to keep at bay. 

I don’t know about you fellow Christians reading here, but that personalized word picture from the ODB author nailed me this morning! But I know I’m not alone in this western-world, where “Do it quicker, better, and bigger than the next person” is, all-too-often, our performance mantra. 

So, … in spite of the hurried, pressured world which surrounds us, why don’t you readers do what I try to do each morning [and then write about it here] … when I start my day in quiet with God and just “be still !!” Take time to take in the video of Hillsong singing the highlight truth from Psalm 46. … LISTEN TO ALL OF IT! And then imagine that you’re sitting on the beach [as in the photo] with the waves tickling your toes; and feeling the very presence of God, hugging You with His grace, and giving us the strength to face today.

It feels … SO GOOD!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, … Abba Father … thank You for being there for me when I’m willing to take the time to feel Your presence and receive Your power.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me to be still and receive a hug from You, Lord, today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: