Monday, June 04, 2018

June 4, 2018 … Guide Us, Lord!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 154 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing … Speak, O Lord … poignantly singing how God’s Spirit speaks to us thru God’s word, which He has authored to be our “GPS” in life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 14:25-26 [NKJV] … 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 
… Jesus tries to belay the confusion of His Disciples as He promises the coming of His Spirit to be their “GPS” thru life after Jesus is gone from the earth.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 14:23-31 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, in the Upper Room, promises the coming of His Spirit after His departure to teach His Disciples (and all Christians) about the truths written about Him.
=============

Reference Passage : … 2 Timothy 3:16-17 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… Paul teaches aboutThe Holy Sprit’s guidebook to life for Christians is God’s word, of which The Holy Spirit is the author, interpreter, and guide.

Reference Passage : … 2 Peter 1:2-4 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Peter, assures us that He’s given us everything we need, thru the power of God’s grace and His word to deal with all things in life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Keila Ochoa, uses a personal story about a tour guide helping her see the details of famous church paintings in Istanbul to illustrate how the Holy Spirit is our guide thru life. The ODB author wrote: The first time I went to the gorgeous Chora Church in Istanbul, I was able to figure out some Bible stories from the Byzantine frescos and mosaics on the ceiling. But there was much I missed. The second time, however, I had a guide. He pointed to all the details I had previously missed, and suddenly everything made perfect sense! The first aisle, for instance, depicted the life of Jesus as recorded in the gospel of Luke. 
Sometimes when we read the Bible we understand the basic stories, but what about the connections—those details that weave Scripture into the one perfect story? We have Bible commentaries and study tools, yes, but we also need a guide—someone to open our eyes and help us see the wonders of God’s written revelation. 

I don’t think it’s difficult for any reader here with me to see that Jesus has given His Church His Holy Spirit, the Author of His word, to be our guide thru life, being the perfect GPS (“God’s Positioning System”). God’s Spirit also imparts God’s power in our lives thru His grace to sustain us when we’re confused or frustrated or weakened by this trek we call life.

That’s why we rely so heavily upon God’s word, once again Authored by His Sprit, to provide us with God’s PERFECT Positioning System (“GPPS”) to lead us thru the roads of life. And that’s why we need to abide and walk in the Spirit and let Him be our Guide today … and more so, tomorrow. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, … Abba Father … thank You for sending me Your Spirit to be my life guide.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Show me THE WAY, Your way; … and I will follow Your Guide. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: