Thursday, June 21, 2018

June 21, 2018 … Our Time For Him

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 171 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Jim Croce singing his 1973 hit … Time In A Bottle … poignantly singing of how we we need to devote our time to things which have eternal value.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 90:12 [NKJV] … 12  So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. 
… Moses praying to use His time wisely … for God’s glory.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 90:9-17 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Moses’ song and prayer that God will help him devote His time/life to God’s glory. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, helps us to remember who gives us our time and that it is for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 5:15-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to use their time wisely for God’s glory during the evil times in which we live [then, and now!}.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, reflected on a quote from another author with wise words, making us think about how we use the time God give us. The ODB author wrote: “Westerners have watches [see photo]. Africans have time.” So said Os Guinness, quoting an African proverb in his book “Impossible People.” 
 And That caused me to ponder the times I have responded to a request with, “I don’t have time.” I thought about the tyranny of the urgent and how schedules and deadlines dominate my life. ”I don’t have time!” … 

Countless times I’ve thought it, … if not said it, … reflecting on the time pressures of life. How many times have you (readers) thought that … maybe even today as you look at your “TO DO” list on this date and checking out your watch [see photo].

But time management “gurus” will tell us that the concept of “time management” is an oxymoron. We can’t manage time, … we can only manage events in time. We all have 24 hours each day [i.e., if God gives them to us]; and the demands of life are going to dictate how we look at those 24 hours and how we choose to use them.

My questions each day, especially as I wake up and begin my day, are …
… Are the minutes, hours, and days ahead for me or for God’s glory? 
… Am I giving God the first fruits of my time or the left-overs? 
… Will what I do today impact God’s kingdom?

And often at the end of the day, I come out convicted that I didn’t do what Moses prayed in Psalm 90:12 or the Apostle Paul exhorted in Ephesians 5:15-16; … and today I’m praying that I can do what Jim Croce wrote in his song, linked above, and spend my time today for God’s glory in these evil times in which we live. … How about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for for giving me time today to spend with/for You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit ... O Lord, … help me to use my time wisely for Your kingdom today … and what You will give me tomorrow. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: