Tuesday, June 05, 2018

June 5, 2018 … Seeing Clearly

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 155 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from a choral society singing the 19th century hymn … Open My Eyes That I May See … poignantly singing how it is God’s Spirit which gives us the eyes to see God’s way thru life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 18:39 [NKJV] … 38 And [the blind man] cried out, saying, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 
… Simple faith can open our spiritual eyesight to see God’s way thru life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 18:35-43 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… A blind man is healed to see by his faith in Jesus
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NKJV] … 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… Trusting in God’s way gives us vision to see our way more clearly.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… Trusting in God’s way gives us vision to see our way more clearly.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 5:8, 14-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus tells his followers what how they must have a pure heart in order to see life thru the eyes of God and to shine His light for others to see Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Arthur Jackson, uses a very practical visual illustration to show us how we must have the eyes of faith to see life more clearly - the way Jesus wants us to see the way. The ODB author wrote: Some years ago a traveling companion noticed I was straining to see objects at a distance. What he did next was simple but life changing. He took off his glasses and said, “Try these.” When I put his glasses on [see photo], surprisingly my blurred vision cleared up. Eventually I went to an optometrist who prescribed glasses to correct my vision problem. 

Then the ODB author took his readers (me) to the story of Jesus healing the blind man who showed the faith necessary to see again [see highlight passage]. And these illustrations should remind anyone reading here that it takes action in faith to be able to see clearly down the road of life … the way God would have us see. And I know that delving into God’s word with prayer every morning - for me - is like a legally blind man (which I am) putting on glasses each morning to help me see life more clearly.

My faith in following Jesus here each day is what gives me the sight to be able to shine His light into the darkness for others to see - IF - they have the faith to put on the glasses He offers to see Him and follow Him down the road of life.

So, join me … and let’s put on our glasses of faith and follow our Lord today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, … Abba Father … thank You for shining Your light on my path thru Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Lord, make Your way clear to me; … and I will follow You thru life, prayerfully to lead others to follow You.   … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: