Wednesday, June 20, 2018

June 20, 2018 … Joy, No Matter What!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 170 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Selah singing their song … Press On … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, must press on to serve our Lord in spite of the circumstances of life.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Philippians 1:21 [NKJV] … 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
… Living or dying … ALL for Christ.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Philippians 1:12-24 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… The Apostle Paul, writing to Christians from prison, witnesses to his joy in serving his Lord … NO MATTER WHAT!!
=============

Reference Passage : … Philippians 2:14-18 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Our lives becoming an offering of service to our Lord.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 3:13-14 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK … Paul shows fellow Christians that even from prison and persecution, he can (as we should) press on for the goal of serving our Lord.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:4-9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul again shows us how we must pray to Christ, and witness for His glory just as he had thru all the trials and circumstances Paul faced.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Randy Kilgore, reflected on a woman he had met who illustrated the way we, as Christians should live for Christ … no matter our circumstances. The ODB author wrote: When I met Ada, she had outlived her entire group of friends and family and was living in a nursing home. “It’s the hardest part of getting old,” she told me, “watching everyone else move on and leave you behind.” One day I asked Ada what kept her interest and how she spent her time. She answered me with a Scripture passage from the apostle Paul (Philippians 1:21): “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” Then she said, “While I’m still around, I have work to do. On my good days, I get to talk to the people here about Jesus; on the hard days, I can still pray.” 

The letter from the Apostle Paul to fellow Christians in Philippi has always been an inspiration to me. What about you? …

Here was the Apostle, imprisoned for the “Nth” time, persecuted and beaten, and yet he writes about all of this being an opportunity to serve his Lord with his witness of life; and yet, finding joy in the realization that even death would bring him closer to His Lord [see all the passages above].

The letter reflects Paul’s attitude to “PRESS ON,” just as the group Selah sings in the linked song; and just as we should today no matter what we might be facing in life.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your enabling and empowering grace. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit ... O Lord, … give me a witness of joy in the midst of the challenges of life. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: