Friday, June 29, 2018

June 29, 2018 … Sharing God’s Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 179 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Jackie DeShannon singing the 1960s hit … What the World Needs Now … poignantly singing of what the world desperately needs not … God’s love!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 John 1:6 [NKJV] … 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. 
 … Being obedient and following God’s commands is our way of showing our love for Him and it will manifest itself in sharing His love with others.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 John 1:1-6 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… John exhorts Christians to walk in the love of Christ, sharing that love with one another every day.
=============

Reference Passage : … Luke 10:25-28 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ... 
… God’s LAW OF LOVE being exposed by our Savior as the way we all should live.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NKJV] … 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 
… Jesus to His Disciples as to whom truly loves Him … i.e., we should be those who diligently obey His word.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, uses a personal story about how she shows her kids about God’s “Law of Love.” The ODB author wrote: My children and I have started a new daily practice. Every night at bedtime, we gather colored pencils and light a candle. Asking God to light our way, we get out our journals and draw or write answers to two questions: When did I show love today? and When did I withhold love today? … 
… Paying attention each night helps us be more aware each day, more tuned in to what the Spirit might be showing us as we walk through our lives. With the Spirit’s help, we’re learning to walk in love (2 John 1:6). 

When the Apostle John wrote his letter to the churches in Asian Minor in the 1st Century [see highlight passage], there was great turmoil and strife in that day due to the oppression of Nero; and in another turbulent time in history, the 1960s, Jackie DeShannon came out with a song [linked above] which was just as pertinent in those days as it was in the 1st century … or most certainly now!

“What the World Needs Now Is Love Sweet Love” … for sure! And so I’m challenged by today’s ODB entry, … by God’s word above, … and by God’s eternal “Law of Love,” to love our neighbors (and even our enemies) as we would love ourselves [see Luke 10 passage] … to go out TODAY and share God’s love with others I encounter.

Maybe all that will be needed is a sparkling smile to light someone’s moment. Perhaps I can encourage someone whose a bit down. Certainly, … showing how much I love my wife would be a good way to share God’s love, wouldn’t it? So, how can we all be God’s agents of love today? 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your eternal and ever present love for all Your children.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Put me in a place to share Your love with someone today and then give me the grace to share it openly and abundantly. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: