Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 30, 2018 … Opening The Door

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 180 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Shelly Moore singing … Jesus, I Come … poignantly singing of how we must come out of self and open the door where Jesus knocks to come in and bring his love/grace into our lives.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Revelation 3:20 [NKJV] … 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 
 … Jesus wants to fellowship and shine His light into the life of born-again Christians; but He won’t until we open the door and let Him into our lives.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Revelation 3:14-22 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, thru the Apostle John, sends a letter to a lukewarm church, warning them to be surrendered and fully committed to Him and the Gospel.
=============

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NKJV] … 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 
… Jesus can’t come into our lives to dispel any darkness with His light until we open the door on His light with our obedience, which opens the door He invites us to open every day of our lives as Christians.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa Samra, uses a painting to illustrate Jesus’ call for believers to open the door our lives so that He can come in and grace us with His light/love. The ODB author wrote: One of my favorite pieces of art hangs in the Keble College chapel in Oxford, England. The painting, The Light of the World by English artist William Holman Hunt, shows Jesus holding a lantern in His hand and knocking on a door to a home. [SEE PHOTO] 
One of the intriguing aspects of the painting is that the door doesn’t have a handle. When questioned about the lack of a way to open the door, Hunt explained that he wanted to represent the imagery of Revelation 3:20, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.” 

Fellow Christian, do you realize that we, as surrendered, born-again, Christians, only have to be willing to show our love for Him by obediently opening the door, where He knocks at the door of our hearts, everyday, to let His love, light, and grace flow into our lives, just as He told believers in Revelation 3:20. So, perhaps, if we don’t feel His love and grace and fellowship in our lives, all we need to do is humbly open the door and let Him in.

I know that’s why I start each day, … here (or wherever I might be), … coming to open the door to let Him in by opening the door of His love from His word. And everyday, He comes in to be with me just as He promises in His word. Have you, fellow,Christians, heard Him knocking; … and have you opened the door today to let His light in?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for always being there to come in and dine with me.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Come in, Lord, and bring Your grace with You. I need it again today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: