Monday, June 11, 2018

June 11, 2018 … Light for Life

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 161 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from The Gettys singing their song … Speak O Lord … poignantly singing of the grace we can receive anytime we go to our Lord for the hugs of His grace.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] … 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. 
… If His word is true (and it is!), if we trust it and follow it, we have the perfect “GPS” (God’s positioning system) for life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 3:1-7 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God, … our Abba Father, … giving Fatherly truth to His kids (yes, that’s us!)
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NKJV] … 24 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my patch. 
… We should be looking to stir up love and good works with our giftedness and providence.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 55:11 [NKJV] … 11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; … it shall not return to Me void, … But it shall accomplish what I please, … And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. 
… The power of God’s word to lead us into/thru God’s purposes for our lives.

Reference Passage : … 2 Timothy 3:16-17 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
... The power of God’s truth when believed and lived out daily.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Linda Washington, used a personal reflection of of her father’s advice when she felt estranged from God. The ODB author wrote: After being laid off from an editorial job, I prayed, asking for God to help me find a new one. But when weeks went by and nothing came of my attempts at networking and filling out applications, I began to pout. “Don’t You know how important it is that I have a job?” I asked God, my arms folded in protest at my seemingly unanswered prayer. 
When I talked to my father, who had often reminded me about believing God’s promises, about my job situation, he said, “I want you to get to the point where you trust what God says.” My father’s advice reminds me of Proverbs 3, which includes wise advice from a parent to a beloved child. 

I’m not going to write much here today. If you’ve taken in the linked song and meditated on the scriptures above, the attached photo becomes obvious as the direction we get from our Abba Father; and the question which scream forth from this devotional entry is this one:

If God’s word is true - and it is! - then why don’t we live by it more trustingly? 

And my friends, my belief in God’s truth and His word as my primary “GPS” in life is why you find me here, EVERY MORNING, praying that God will reveal Himself in/thru His word; and that He will shine His light of truth on my path in life, … as He did yesterday, … as I’m praying He’ll do today, ... and then, even more so, … tomorrow.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving me Your light of truth to guide my life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit ... Help me glean Your purpose and direction for life from Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: