Sunday, June 17, 2018

June 17, 2018 … He’s Our Refuge

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 167 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with Buddy Davis singing … God Is Our Refuge … poignantly singing of how God is our strength in times of trial or fear.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 91:1-2 [NKJV] … 1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.” 
 … God is the place to run and hide when we feel anxious or threatened.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 91 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist expresses in song his trust that His God was the place to hide in moments of anxiety or fear.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalms 46:1-2, 62:7-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… More than one psalmist sung of God being the refuge and strength of His people.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3 [NKJV] … 3  You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 
 … God’s prescription for peace when we’re feeling anxious.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul’s advice when we’re feeling anxious.

Reference Passage : … 1 Peter 5:6-7 [NKJV] … 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 
 … When we have great cares, we are to humbly bring them to our God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Cindy Hess Kasper, used a personal story of an anxious moment to illustrate where we need to take our worries and fears, … to our Heavenly Father. The ODB author wrote: My very first job was at a fast-food restaurant. One Saturday evening, a guy kept hanging around, asking when I got out of work. It made me feel uneasy. As the hour grew later, he ordered fries, then a drink, so the manager wouldn’t kick him out. Though I didn’t live far, I was scared to walk home alone through a couple of dark parking lots and a stretch through a sandy field. Finally, at midnight, I went in the office to make a phone call. 
And the person who answered—my dad—without a second thought got out of a warm bed and five minutes later was there to take me home. 

The ODB author knew whom to call on when she was in danger, … her earthly daddy. But sometimes we don’t know who - in this world - to call when we’re anxious or fearful; and the Psalms above and the reference passages scream out God’s prescription when we’re feeling stressed out or fearful; … and that is to come to the One who will always be our hiding place, … the One Who’s always there for us.

If anyone reading here is feeling anxious or stressed out while reading this, I hope know have that Perfect Place to run and hide to find God’s Perfect Peace.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You always being my hiding place. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit ... O Lord, … hold Your own under Your wings of safety. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: