Saturday, February 13, 2021

Feb 13, 2021 … All Things New

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 44 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Andrew Peterson singing … All Things New …  Poignantly singing of how we, in/thru Christ, are made new. 


"Cooling houses" in Africa to use seawater to grow plants in barren land ... 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 43:19 [ESV] ...

19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

… Isaiah brings God’s promise to His people that He, The Lord, will make all things new.           

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 43:14-21 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Isaiah’s prophesy, promises to make all things new when He sends His Messiah to save the world. 

==============             


Reference Passage</u>: … John 3:3 [ESV] ... 

Jesus answered him [Nicodemus], “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 

  Jesus declares that unless one is born-again that one will never enter God’s kingdom.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] … 

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

  God, thru Paul, promises to make any/all who surrender for The Lord’s saving and sanctifying grace to be made new in Him.  


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] … 

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

  We who are born-again are being made new in Christ.


Reference Passage: … Philippians 1:6 [ESV] … 

And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 

  Once we are truly born-again in Christ, His Spirit will make us over into the image of Christlikeness. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, AT THIS LINK tells of a project in barren regions of Africa which utilizes seawater drained over cardboard filters, in what are called “cooling houses,” to produce a greenhouse effect to grow plant life which otherwise could not thrive. 


And for the ODB author it was a picture of what God is doing in any and all who come to Him to be born-again in Christ.  Way back in the OT, thru Isaiah (see highlight passage), God promised that in and thru a Messiah, He, The Lord, was going to make all things new.  … And He has; … thru His Son, Jesus, … Who has come to make all things new in me … or you … or anyone who dies to self and is made alive in Christ (see Reference Scriptures above). 


And that is my prayer for any/all who might be reading with me here; … that our Lord is doing an eternal make-over in our lives; and we are surrendering to Him to allow Him to make ALL THINGS NEW.     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for doing a sanctified make-over in my life, … to make me more like You, King Jesus, day-by-day. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, …to surrender to allow Your Spirit, Lord, to make us over into Your Son’s image.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: