Friday, February 19, 2021

Feb 19, 2021 … God We’re Not!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 50 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Tim McGraw singing … Humble and Kind  Poignantly singing of how we all should do all we can to be humble and kind to others, especially those we love. 


Hea

Headed for a fall ... !!

==============

Highlight Passage:  Ezekiel 28:2  [ESV] ... 

“Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord God: “Because your heart is proud, and you have said, ‘I am a god, … I sit in the seat of the gods, in the heart of the seas,’ … yet you are but a man, and no god, though you make your heart like the heart of a god — 

… God’s warning that no man can take on the attitude of god-like pride and not incur God’s wrath.         

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Ezekiel 28:1-10 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Ezekiel’s warning to the Prince of Tyre (and to all mankind) … that no man can take on the attitude of a god without incurring the wrath of God. 

============== 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 11:2, 16:18 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Solomon, warns of the consequences of pridefulness as opposed to the wisdom which comes thru humility.             


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 22:29  [ESV] ... 

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart [i.e., “humble”], and you will find rest for your souls.

  Jesus invites followers to become like Him - gentle and humble.    


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 4:1-2 [ESV] … 

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 

  Paul teaches that fellow Christians must humble ourselves, like slaves to Christ, who was Himself the model of humility in serving others. 


Reference Passage: …  James 4:10 [ESV] ... 

10  Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.  

  James, Jesus' brother, teaches the truth about humility being the key to God lifting us u. 


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Peter quotes Proverbs 3:34, teaching that we must humble ourselves before God for Him to lift us up,  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK   … quotes from C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity who wrote:  “How much do I dislike it when other people snub me, or refuse to take any notice of me, . . . or patronize me, or show off?”  So, we must imagine how much we offend God when we try to elevate ourselves with pride to think of ourselves as god-like or better than others. 


I think we’ve all head the old adage that Pride goes before a fall, haven’t we, which BTW comes right out of God’s word (in Prov 16:18)?  Well, I’m convicted by today’s ODB entry, especially taking in the highlight and reference Scriptures above, … all of which point us to live our lives as Jesus did, in gentleness and humility.  I, too often, seek to be seen by others as better than I deserve.  How about you?


The question is - EVERYDAY as today - will  we choose the road of humility and kindness, as Tim McGraw sings in the linked song; … or, as in the photo, will we play the “I” role as we deal with others?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing me the way to live with humility and kindness as You did. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to choose to walk the humility road rather than taking the prideful road to destruction.    … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: