Saturday, February 20, 2021

Feb 20, 2021 … Empowering Grace

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 51 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Laura Story singing … Grace Abounds  Poignantly singing of how all born-again Christians are strengthened by God’s amazing, empowering grace. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  2Timothy 2:1 [ESV] ... 

1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, … 

… Paul helps Timothy be lifted up by the grace of Christ …         

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  2Timothy 2:1-4 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul encourages Timothy to be strengthened by Christ’s empowering grace …  

============== 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 40:31, 41:10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Isaiah, promises His strength to lift us up when we are down or weakened.            


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 11:28-30  [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

  Jesus invites those surrendered to Him to use His empowering grace to give us strength.    


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] ... 

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

  Paul, in chronic pain, remembered Jesus’ words about God’s empowering grace being available to give him strength. 


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [ESV] … 

13 I can do all things through Christ Who gives me the strength.  

  Paul shows fellow Christians that he could be content in all situations because he had God’s strength to deal with life’s circumstances.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Con Campbell, AT THIS LINK   … writes of how Abraham Lincoln was willing to give grace and even pardon the death sentences of deserters during the Civll War, causing the men who stayed the course of the war to fight all the harder for the man they called “Father Abraham.”  


And this historical reference depicts the power we, who are born-again in Christ, can receive when we surrender to receive the Lord’s empowering and sanctifying grace.  And I would guess that many today are in a weakened state as we deal with all the viral and civil unrest n our world.   So, … if you feel that way, as do I, then take in the truths above from God’s word above as well as the uplifting song, written and sung by Laura Story.  


We, who believe in these truths can be - and WILL BE - uplifted to take on the very strength of God to cover our human weaknesses by simply surrendering to receive God’s enabling grace.  


Common, fellow Christian!  … As the Nike motto declares strongly … Let’s  … ”Just Do it !!”


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for Your yoke of grace to cover my weakness with Your power.  


My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to humble ourselves to receive our Lord’s power today … and tomorrow.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: