Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Feb 16, 2021 … What’s Really Important?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 47 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Rice singing …  Life Means So Much  Poignantly singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, need to prioritize our time and choices to follow Him and avoid following the world or the flesh. 


What's really important ?! 
 ==============

Highlight Passage:  Romans 12:2  [ESV] ... 

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.. 

… Paul knew that Christians following Christ would be able to discern God’s will and follow Him, avoiding getting sucked in by the ways of the world.          

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Romans 12:1-3 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… … Paul exhorts fellow Christians to follow the ways/will of God rather than the ways of the world. 

==============             


Reference Passage: …  Psalms 90:12 [ESV] …   

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. 

  Moses sings of seeking God’s way of living from HIs wisdom.  


Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

  Trusting God means prioritizing His ways over mine or the worlds.  


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23  [ESV] … 

23 And He said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. …”  

  Jesus sets out the way we are to follow Him as His disciple. 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 11:1 [ESV] … 

1  Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 

  Paul knew that he had his priorities straight; and if others followed him they would be following Jesus’ way.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 5:15-16 [ESV] … 

15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.  

  Paul exhorts fellow Christians to watch how they prioritized their time, showing that walking to follow Jesus was top priority.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Winn Collier, AT THIS LINK … tells of being in a S. American culture where time management was extremely lax compared with the values of the ODB author, who valued being on time always.  


Years ago I had a valued mentor who told me that he could determine my life values by looking at my bank statements and my calendar (including my “to-do” list).  What would we find about what we value most in life if we let someone look at our use of time and money?  I’ll leave that self-directed inventory to be between you and God; but personally I could be doing more to seek God’s guidance rather than leaving it up to my fleshly choices.  How about you?   


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … by showing us thru Your word how we should manage our time and life choices.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to set our time priorities with obedience to Your word today … and again tomorrow.    … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK -on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: