Sunday, February 28, 2021

Feb 28, 2021 … New Today - Again Tomorrow

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 59 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect  poignantly singing of how God’s strength is there to help us an lift us up when we’re at our weakest. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Lamentations 3:22-23 [ESV] ... 

22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;  23  they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 

… Jeremiah recognizes and gives thanks for God’s faithful mercies … new EVERY DAY.       

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Lamentations 3:19-26 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jeremiah finds strength from the Lord in the Prophets’ grieving after the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians. 

============== 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10, 13 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  God’s promise, thru Isaiah, that He would ALWAYS be there to give us His strength when we needed it. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

  Jesus invites any who desire to follow Him to yoke ourselves to His strength in times of weakness. 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 10:13 [ESV] … 

13 No temptation [also translated “trial, test, trouble, turmoil, or tribulation”] has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. <

  God’s warning and exhortation - thru Paul - of God’s faithful leading our thru the temptations or trials of life.       


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  

  Paul remembered and taught Jesus’ truth that His empowering grace is enough to deal with anything in life … IF … we’re willing to humbly surrender to receive His empowering grace.  


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:6-7 [ESV] … 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting ALL your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.

  Another Apostle, … Peter … also shows that we must be will to surrender ALL our anxieties to God’s throne of Grace.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK  tells of tough times past when her parents had to deal with the exhausting trial of taking care of her brother, who had serve/chronic seizures and how her parents kept going in prayer to God for their strength, which He ALWAYS seemed to give them. 


And God’s uplifting strength is there for us, too, isn’t it, … especially in these Covid times when we’re all strung out with long-term stress?  I don’t know about other readers here with me today; but this old warrior gleans a lot of hope and strength, knowing and believing in the truth of the Scriptures above as well as the uplifting words in song by Steven Curtis Chapman.  


To know that my God is ALWAYS faithful and ALWAYS there - EVERY DAY - to give me His empowering grace and His endless mercies when I need them, really lifts me up!  How about you?   


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there to give me Your strength when I need it.  And I could sure use it today!  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to humbly reach out to receive God’s strength today and tomorrow.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: