Saturday, February 27, 2021

Feb 27, 2021 … Surrendered!

 Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 58 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Robin Mark singing … All to Jesus I Surrender  poignantly singing of how, as Christians, we must surrender our all to follow Jesus. 


Charles Blondin - waking the tightrope over Niagara Falls
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Galatians 2:20 [ESV] ... 

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

… Paul testifies as to his personal 100% surrender in faith to Christ, the Son of God.        

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Galatians 2:14-21 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul teaches fellow Christians (and us) what it takes for be surrendered disciples of Christ.  

============== 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  God, thru Solomon, shows that we, as God’s children, must trust in the Lord with ALL our hearts … 100% surrender.   


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23 [ESV] … 

23 And He said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 

  Jesus to his followers on what it takes to be His disciple.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 9:6 [ESV] … 

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.   

  Paul teaches God’s law of reciprocity … that we receive His providence to the degree what we’re willing to give to/for Him - i.e., we reap what we sow.          


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  

  Paul remembered and taught Jesus’ truth that His empowering grace is enough to deal with anything in life … IF … we’re willing to humbly surrender to receive it. 


<b><u>Reference Passage</u>: … 1Peter 5:6-7 [ESV] … </b>

<i>  Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting ALL your anxieties on him, because He cares for you.</i> 

  Another Apostle, … Peter … also shows that we must be will to surrender ALL our anxieties to God’s throne of Grace.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Glenn Packiam, AT THIS LINK  tells of the famous 19th century wire walker, Charles Blondin, who would walk the Niagara Falls on a wire with someone on his back [see photo], with the instructions that the man on his back must be 100% still for Blondin to safely walk the wire over the Falls. 


There was also a famous story that Blondin would offer to push anyone in the audience across the wire in a wheelbarrow; … but no one was willing to get in the wheelbarrow because it took a 100% surrender of life to do so.  And I think the comparison is obvious to the teachings of the scriptures above about becoming a disciple of Christ. 


We have to be willing to get in our Lord’s wheelbarrow and allow Him to push us - by his empowering grace - across the falls of life, don’t we?  It’s like Robin Mark sings in the linked song; and I pray that all reading here with me are willing to do the 100% surrender gig as we get in Jesus’ wheelbarrow today … and tomorrow.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for taking me across the falls of life as You take me thru this life. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to get in Jesus’ wheelbarrow today.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled“Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: