Friday, May 12, 2023

May 12, 2023 … “How’s My Driving?”

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 132 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Zach Williams singing … Less Like Me … powerfully singing of how we Christians should be praying and seeking to become more like Jesus and less like our own selfish selves. 



============        

Highlight Passage: … James 1:20 [NLT] … 

22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.   

… James strongly exhorts fellow Christians to obey Christ’s calling, thru His word,  to live like Jesus lived.                        


Highlight Passage (Context): … James 1:19-26 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus’ brother James charges fellow Christians to live and become more like our Lord, King Jesus.                                       .                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: …  John 13:13-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus shows His Disciples how to live and love like Him by washing their feet like a Servant would. Jesus said, “Do as I have done to you."   


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 5:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul strongly exhorts fellow Christians to follow the example of Christ in the way we live and treat others.    


Reference Passage: …  Philippians 2:3-5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul teaches that his fellow Christians to take on the attitude of Christ Jesus and avoid our selfish interest to live and love more like our Lord. 


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 2:21 [NLT] … 

21 For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in His steps. 

… The Apostle Peter also charged fellow Christians to closely follow the example of Jesus in the way we live for and love others.    


Reference Passage: … 1John 2:6 [NLT] … 

Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did. 

… John strongly challenges those who say that we live for Christ should live as Christ lived.

                                                                                                                           

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Adam Holz … AT THIS LINK …  tells being angered by what the ODB author felt was reckless driving.  So, while driving, he called the number on the “How’s My Driving” sign on the back of the truck and complained strongly to the woman who received the call.  And after his angry tirade, the woman, probably tired of hearing complaints said, “You know, you can always call to report someone who’s driving nicely.”


“OUCH!”  I don’t know about you - my co-readers - but that ODB intro hit home and hard with me; and it caused me to recall the song that I’ve linked my fellow Christians readers to above, where Zach Williams is singing about living to be more like Jesus and less like our selfish selves.  And isn’t that what Jesus called His disciples to do by washing their feet in the upper room (see John 13:13-15? …  Isn’t that what the Apostles Paul and Peter, as well as Jesus’ brother James, call us to do, - as fellow Christians  - (in the Scriptures above) - to live more like Christ lived?   


So, I’m calling in - not in anger, as the driver did to the sign on the back of the truck (see photo),  but rather honestly and humbly. … seeking to know if there’s anything I can be doing to drive thru life following our Lord’s way and much less so my own way.  


OKAY! … So, … HOW’S MY DRIVING these days as a Christ follower?”  You can text me and let me know @ 901-921-2148.   And yes, that’s really my text # ; … and  … I really do want to know if I’m being too reckless as I attempt to follow the road my Lord has lain out of me to follow.             


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for laying out the road - Your road in Your word - for me to follow You again today.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … as we all seek to be safely and securely on Your road, Lord, to glory once again, today.…  Amen               . 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: