Tuesday, May 16, 2023

May 16, 2023 … Our Identity In Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 136 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lauren Daigle singing … You Say … poignantly, yet powerfully, singing of how we are in Christ who our Lord says we are. 


Self declared "Emperor of America"  ... 


============        

Highlight Passage: … John 1:12  [NLT] … 

12 But to all who believed Him and accepted him, He gave the right to become children of God. 

… John declares the truth of who we are and who we become as children of God when we surrender to follow Christ as Lord.    

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): … John 1:6-13 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK 

… John shows that all who come to believe and to follow Christ in obedience find their (our) identity by surrendering to follow Christ as Lord.                                         .                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Genesis 1:27 [NLT] … 

27 So God created human beings in His own image.  In the images of God He created them; male and female He created them..    

… God, thru Moses, declares God’s creation of mankind in His own image.   


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 6:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Paul teaches truth to fellow Christians that our bodies were bought by Christ’s shed blood to becomes temples which house His Spirit.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!   

… The Apostle Paul declares and assures fellow Christians that anyone who is born-again becomes a new person, … identified by their (our) relationship with Christ.     


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

… Paul shows that he - and anyone who is born-again in Christ - is crucified to self and born again to live in an eternal relationship with Christ as a child of God.         


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

… Paul teaches fellow Christians that any/all Christians have become God’s masterpiece of His creation, born-again to live life eternally as a Child of God.    

                                                                                                                          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Winn Collier … AT THIS LINK …   writes about Joshua Abrahams Norton, a delusional and penniless former shipping magnate, who, in 1859 declared himself to be “Emperor of America,”  (see photo) even proposing that Norton and Queen Victoria be married to join their kingdoms.  And when the newspapers wrote about Norton’s proclamation, many, of course, laughed at the poor man’s delusional declaration of who he was.  


But the ODB entry for today, … tho it uses a rather extreme example, … points to a very important question for us all; … and that is WHOM do we see ourselves in our lives here in our time on earth?  For me the answer is an easy one.  And my reality, my human identity, is found in my surrender as a child of God to live for and to serve the One Who died on a cross to save me and give me His Spirit and empowering grace to serve my Lord forever (see Scriptures above). 


And I ask any of my readers today, … Whom - or should I say “WHOSE” - do you declare yourself to be in this life?  ’m a child of God, … how about you?        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me my identity in my relationship with You as my Lord and Savior.          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to live for You, King Jesus, as our Lord and Savior.   … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen!-
Kjetil