Friday, May 19, 2023

May 19, 2023 … Our God ALWAYS Hears

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 139


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Mandy Lining singing … God Hears Our Prayers … poignantly singing of how God always hears the prayers of those who diligently seek after God’s will and follow His ways.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 116:1-2  [NLT] … 

I love the LORD because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.  Because He bends down to listen, iI will pray as long as I have breath.

… King David (the likely author) praises God, trusting that He, The Lord, ALWAYS bends down to hear the prayers of His children.    

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalms 116:1-7 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Scholars believe King David wrote of crying out to God in his times of troubles and God always hearing his concerns.                                            .                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Psalms 37:3-5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… King David once again sings of assurance that God hears the prayers of those who delight in following The Lord. 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… God’s Spirit, thru Solomon, promises to lead those who trust and follow God’s will and His ways, … rather than trying to go thru life following our own desires and feelings.       


Reference Passage: … John 9:31 [NLT] … 

31 We know that God doesn’t listen to sinners, but He is ready to hear those who worship Him and do His will. 

… A blind man, healed by Jesus, expresses truth about God readily hearing the pleas of those who truly worship and follow our Lord.           


Reference Passage: … 1John 5:14 [NLT] … 

14 And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him. 

… The Apostle John teaches truth about God ALWAYS hearing the prayers of those who seek to please the Lord.  


Reference Passage </u>: … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.

… Jesus addresses born-again believers with His promise to come in and fellowship with those who respond to His caring overtures … daily …  to knock on the doors of their (our) hearts.      

                                                                                                                          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Karen Huang … AT THIS LINK …  writes of the old philosophical question of … “When a tree falls in a lonely forest, and no animal is nearby to hear it, does it make a sound? … with the parallel spiritual question for Christians … “When we’re in trouble and feeling all alone, does God hear our prayers? 


And I think that all my readers may not,…  like me,  … care about answering the first question all that much; but you may also, …like me, … FOR SURE, really care about the second one.  And so, when I take in the touching song by Mandy Lining and really meditate on the Scriptures above, … which I know are truth, … I’m confident that when I take my prayers to my Lord, King Jesus, today, … HE HEARS me. 

So, if … like me … my readers want our God to hears us today; … HE WILL!!  … So, let’s pray!  

My THANKFULNES: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS being there, Lord, to hear my prayers.            

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to pray to You, Lord, knowing that You ALWAYS hear and care.     … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen!-
Kjetil!-