Tuesday, May 09, 2023

May 9, 2023 … He Knows Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 129 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from The Maranatha Singers singing … He Knows My Name … poignantly singing of how our God knows our name and everything about all who know Him as Lord. 



============        

Highlight Passage: … John 20:16 [NLT] … 

16 “Mary!” Jesus said. She turned to Him and cried out, “Rabboni!” (which is Hebrew for “Teacher”).  

… Jesus, at His tomb after His resurrection, revealing that He know Mary Magdalene by name as Her Messiah and Lord.                       


Highlight Passage (Context): … John 20:11-18 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… John’s account of Jesus appearing to Mary Magdalene at the tomb after His resurrection.      

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Psalms 139:1-6 [NLT] …   USE THIS LINK

… King David sings of our God knowing all there is to know about each one of us.    


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 43:1 [NLT] … 

But now, O Jacob, listen the the LORD Who created you.  O Israel, the One Who formed you says, “Do now be afraid, for I have ransomed you.  I have called you by name; you are mine.” 

… God, declares thru His Prophet, that He has, and will always, call His chosen people by their name.  


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 1:5 [NLT] … 

I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.  Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”   

… God shows Jeremiah that the Lord chose him to be God’s Prophet before even he was born. 


Reference Passage: … John 10:3 [NLT] … 

The gatekeeper opens the gate for Him, and the sheep recognize His voice and come to Him. He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.  

… Jesus is our Shepherd and Gatekeeper, and He calls His Sheep by name to follow Him.   


Reference Passage: …  John 10:14: [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, …  

… Jesus declares that He is our “Good Shepherd” and that He knows His sheep intimately as they know Him as Messiah.   

  

                                                                                                                         

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon … AT THIS LINK tells of how DNA testing helped bring two brothers together having been separated at birth; but it was the name of one of the brothers, recognized by the other, which really brought them together.       


If my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated and studied the Scriptures above, I pray this morning that we’re all feeling the reality of God knowing and calling each of us by Name, … the name our Lord knows us by as our Good Shepherd.  He knows us intimately; and I pray that we’re getting to know our Lord more intimately … day-by-day … by using His love letter - His word - to follow Him as our Good Shepherd and Lord.  


He’s calling me thru His word again today; and I will follow Him.  Will you?         


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me by name to follow You today.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to hear Your voice, Lord,, calling me thru You word, to follow You again today.      Amen             

=============== 

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: