Wednesday, July 10, 2024

July 10, 2024 … God Sees My Heart …

July 10, 2024 … God Sees My Heart     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with Rusty Nelson singing A Pure Heart … powerfully leading in worship and singing of how Christians seek to have a pure heart which leads to a fruitful life in/for Christ. 



==========

Highlight Passage: … 1Samuel 16:7 [NLT] … 

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

… God shows the Prophet Samuel in viewing the sons of Jesse that God judges the heart of those He judges, not the outward appearances.  

    

Highlight Passage (in context): … 1Samuel 16:4-12  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

God leads the Prophet Samuel to judge the heart of David and not to judge him by his outward appearance.                                                                                                              

==========           


Reference Passage: … Psalm 139:23-24  [NLT]  USE THIS LINK 

… King David sings a prayer that God cleanse his (our) heart so that there would be NOTHING in his (or our) heart which offends God.            


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 4:23, 21:2  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, calls on believers to guard our hearts as God examines the hearts of all who are His.         


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 17:9-10  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… God, thru Jeremiah, shows that He, The Lord, knows the deceitful hearts of mankind and rewards the hearts of those who love and follow His ways.     


Reference Passage: … Matthew 6:19-21  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… Jesus teaches His followers (and us) that our hearts yield the treasures we seek in life.    


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 3:3-4  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Peter teaches truth to fellow Christians; … i.e., to avoid trying to impress others with our outward appearances; but rather clothe ourselves with the appearance of what comes from a Christlike heart.         


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Jasmine Goh -  AT THIS LINK  -  tells of a supermarket chain in Singapore slightly blemished fruits/vegetables at a reduced price, saving over 700,000 kg of produce which would normally be thrown away because it didn’t meet normal aesthetic standards.  


And the ODB author compared this example with what God showed the prophet Samuel when he was led to judge the hearts of the sons of Jesse to find the One heart God would choose to anoint as the next King of God’s people.  And I’m stopping and praying today that we all pray King David’s prayer in song from Psalms 139:23-24, which is a prayer I pray every morning to help me focus on cleansing my hear of any selfish ways so that I start each day seeking to have a heart which reflects the heart of my Lord,   What about you, my fellow Christian?  What’s the condition of your heart today?  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for cleansing my heart to reflect Your heart by the way my heart serves You today.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying today that those who read with me here to join me to pray for Your cleansing of our hearts, to serve You today, Lord .     Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: