Tuesday, July 09, 2024

July 9, 2024 … I Belong To Him …

July 9, 2024 … I Belong To Him     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from the group, The Newsboys singing Family Of God … powerfully singing of how all being called to be in the family of God, no matter who we are before our faith in Christ.    


Belonging to the Family of God ... 

==========

Highlight Passage: … Acts 8:36 [NLT] … 

36 As they rode along, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “Look! There’s some water! Why can’t I be baptized?”   

… Philip helps the Ethiopian be baptized and to realize that he can be part of God’ family by believing in Jesus as the Messiah.  .   

    

Highlight Passage (in context)  … Acts 8:26-39  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

Philip encounters an Ethiopian Eunuch who was searching God’s word to be part of God’s family.                                                                                                            

==========           


Reference Passage: … John 1:12-13  [NLT]  USE THIS LINK 

… The truth about God accepting ALL who believe in Jesus as The Messiah into God’s family.            

Reference Passage: … Romans 12:4-5  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul teaches of how ALL in the Body of Christ (i.e., His Church) belong to Him and to each other in the Family of God.        


Reference Passage: … Galatians 3:25-26  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… Paul also shows that the way of faith in Christ brings ALL of faith in Christ into His family.    


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:19-22  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… Paul’s teaching to show that Gentiles are also to be included into God’s family as well as Jews thru faith in Christ.   


Reference Passage: … 1John 3:1-2  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… John teaches how we are all called to be in God’s family of believers in Jesus as The Christ.         

My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Mike Wittmer -  AT THIS LINK  - https://odb.org/2024/07/09/do-i-belong  -  writes of how Sally Field declared the night she was awarded her second Academy Award, saying … “I’ve wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn’t feel it. But this time I feel it. And I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me.” 


Like Sally Field, … we  all want to be respected and to belong to the family of our peers, don’t we?  But do we all realize, as we see in the word of God above, that when we surrender our will to God’s will and receive Christ as our Savior and Lord, we are accepted into the family of God no matter who we are.   So, join me today to express a thankful Halleluja to our Lord, Whom we worship thru our lives as the Cornerstone of the Temple of God, which we are building thru His Church.  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for receiving me into Your Family, Lord.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying today that those who read with me here will join me to recognize that we are Yours, Lord, in Your family today, tomorrow, and ALWAYS!! .     Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: