Thursday, July 25, 2024

July 25, 2024 … Lifted And Really Living …

July 25, 2024 … Lifted And Really Living     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with Steven Curtis Chapman singing His Strength Is Perfect … Powerfully singing of relying on God’s grace covering us with His strength when we’re feeling weak.   


He lifts me up! ... 

==========

Highlight Passage: … Hebrews 13:5 [NLT] … 

… be satisfied with what you have.  For God has said, … “ I will never fail you; … I will never abandon you,” 

… Hebrews Author quotes from Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 showing God’s eternal faithfulness.               

Highlight Passage (in context) … Hebrews 13:5-8  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

The Author of Hebrews quotes from Old Testament Scripture repeating God’s promise to NEVER fail or forsake true believers.                                                                                               

==========           


Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 33:27  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …  

27 The eternal God is your refuge, and His everlasting arms are under you. …  

… God’s promise, thru Moses, to ALWAYS lift up and protect His chosen people.       


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …  

Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding., Seek His will in ALL you do, and He will show you which path to take. 

… God’ promise, thru Solomon, showing that the Lord will direct the paths of His faithful and trusting followers.


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.. 

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to provide His strength to cover His chosen in their (our) times of trouble and weakness.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… Jesus taught His followers by praying that they would accept His invitation to give them (us) His strength and protection in times of their (our) weakness and trouble.      


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… The Apostle Paul exhorts fellow Christians to take their (our) worries to God, with a thankful heart, to receive God’s enabling and protective grace. 


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7-9  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… The Apostle Peter shows fellow Christians,, who were being persecuted , … to take all their worries, especially those under oppression from Satan, to be protected by God’s grace.   


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Anne Cetas -  AT THIS LINK  - relates a story of a Pastor, Ed Dobson, and his wife dealing with life for twelve years after Pastor Dobson’s diagnosis of ALS.  And when asked about life as the always fatal degenerative condition took it’s toll,  the Pastor reported, … “There’s no good answer, so I don’t ask,” … and His wife, Lorna, added, … “If you’re always obsessed about having to have answers, you can’t really live.”


If any of my readers happened to read my blog yesterday, you’ve probably noted that the Scriptures shared today are the same nuggets of truth as my journal entry for yesterday/ And that’s because both entries were reporting God’s lesson that He, … our Lord, … will always be there for those who faithfully follow - and believe in - Jesus, to be able to provide us with the strength and support any believer might encounter in life, yes even a life-shortening disease like ALS.

Though I don’t have a fatal diagnosis, Like ALS, … I’ve been experiencing God’s presence and power personally in the last few months; and I’m praying that any of you, who might be reading with me here, … any who might be dealing with the temptations, trials, or troubles of life, … will join me to take our trials to the Lord and be supported by God’s enabling/empowering grace.       

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for lifting me up these last few weeks.          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying that those who read with me here will join me to seek Your strength, Lord, to cover our weakness.  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

2 comments:

Kjetil said...

Amen!
Kjetil

Dave said...

O Lord, please be with us through the trials and health problems of life and give us grace to cope even in the midst of difficulty.