Monday, August 12, 2024

Aug 12, 2024 … Welcome? Really?! …

Aug 12, 2024 … Welcome?  Really?!     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  to hear Danny Gokey, with music and lyrics, singing All Are Welcome, calling on all Christians to welcome others as Christ has welcomed all into His Father’s Kingdom.   



==========

Highlight Passage: … Mark 9:37 [NLT] … 

37 “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.”.  

…Jesus shows HIs disciples that it only takes the faith of a child for ANYONE to enter His Father’s kingdom.                               

    

Highlight Passage (in context): … Mark 9:30-37  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

Jesus teaches His disciples about what it takes to enter His Father’s kingdom.                         

==========           


Reference Passage: … Leviticus 19:33-34  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s call, thru Moses to God’s people to welcome strangers into their land as friends of God.    

Reference Passage:… Matthew 25:35, 40 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… Jesus teaches what should be done to welcome strangers into the kingdom of God. 


Reference Passage: … Acts 10:34-35 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Peter sees that God shows no favoritism to the Jews only but accepts the faithful following of the Gentiles too.     


Reference Passage: … Romans 15:5-7  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… The Apostle Paul also teaches that ALL born-again believers are children of God.      


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 13:1-2 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK 

… The Author of Hebrews shows that we should treat all, yes, even strangers, like brothers/sisters.   


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Elisa Morgan -  AT THIS LINK  - tells of purchasing a “WELCOME” mat for her home (see photo) and in placing it at her doorstep, asking herself if her heart lived up to God’s call (see Scriptures shared above) for His kingdom to be a welcome mat for any/all who have surrendered to be accepted in God’s family.      


We need to ask ourselves if we truly WELCOME any/all into our own homes the way God has accepted any/all into His kingdom.  I pray that is so for all of us here today.      

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for taking a wayward soul into Your family as You did with me.       

My Prayer Today:</b> Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying that those who read with me here welcome any/all l into our lives as You have welcomed any/all into Your kingdom,  any/all who believe in You as Lord  .…  Amen

=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: