Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Aug 6, 2024 … Why Me, Lord?! …

Aug 6, 2024 … Why Me, Lord?!    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  to hear Twila Paris. with music and lyrics, singing God Is In Control, calling on all Christians to recognize and surrender to the truth that our God is ALWAYS in control in ALL circumstances of life.  



==========

Highlight Passage: … Job 1:21 [NLT] … 

 21 He said,  “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!”

…After Satan takes away all that Job had, he still worships God in faith.                          

    

Highlight Passage (in context) … Job 1:6-12, 20-22  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

God allows Satan to test Job’s faith in God.                                                                               

==========           


Reference Passage: … Psalms 118: 5-6  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… The Psalmist, likely David, sings of God’s protective grace.      


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6, 19:21  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… Solomon shows that God’s faithful must trust Him in all situation so that our plans reflect HIS purposes.                                    


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10  [NLT] …   

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God shows, through Isaiah, that believers need never fear because God will give His strength to lift up God’s faithful when they (we) are weak.      


Reference Passage: … Matthew 29:20b  [NLT] …  

 20 … And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

… Jesus declare that He will be with all His born-again disciples as they (we) carry our His GREAT COMMISSION.      


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28-31, 38-39 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

… The Apostle Paul assures fellow Christians (and yes, us too) that NOTHING in this world can hold back Christians who’re working for/with God’s Spirit.   


<b><u>My Devotional Journal</u>:</b> Today’s <b><i> Our Daily Bread</b></i>  Author, Leslie Koh -  AT THIS LINK  -    relates how many painful and bad circumstances happed to a friend, Carol; and all she could do was take her ill-begotten problems to God.   


I’m absolutely certain that ALL of my readers have had times like Carol did in the ODB entry, … times where we’re asking “Why me, Lord;” … times like Job had (see Highlight passage), … times when our faith is severely tested by the assurance of God’s word, as in the Scriptures shared above. 

But if we believe, as Job did, we will be lifted up by God’s enabling grace and be able to face the challenges of life and move on, knowing that our God is in control.  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your enabling grace, Lord, and knowing that you are ALWAYS in control.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying that those who read with me here will move on in faith today, knowing that You’re ALWAYS in control, Lord. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: