Thursday, August 22, 2024

Aug 22, 2024 … Putting My Cares on His Plate …

Aug 22, 2024 … Putting My Cares on His Plate     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  to hear The Maranatha Singers, with music and lyrics, singing I Cast All My Cares, sings how, as Christians, we are called to cast al our cares and worries on our our Lord because He cares for His own.



==========

Highlight Passage: … Psalms 55:22 [NLT] … 

22 Give your burdens to the LORD, and He will take care of you.  He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. 

  King David, in times of threats and danger, turns his burdens over to God for the Lord’s protection.                                        

    

Highlight Passage (in context): … Psalms 55:16-23 NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

King David, distraught over being pursued by his son and his supposed best friend and giving over his stresses to God Whom David had faith would deliver him.                                                

==========           


Reference Passage: …Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK …  

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%203%3A5-6&version=NLT

…The wisdom of Solomon on trusting that God will lead believers during times of trail or trouble. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10  [NLT] …   

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.   I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.   

…God’s promise, thru Isaiah to God’s people to lift them (us) up when they (we) are weak.  


Reference Passage: … John 14:27 [NLT] …  </b> 

 27 “I am leaving you with a gift — peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.   

… Jesus promises His disciples (and us) that He will provide His followers with His peace when we’re troubled or afraid.                         


Reference Passage:  … Philippians 4:6-7  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… The Apostle Paul exhorts fellow Christians take any/all of our worries and cares to receive His enabling grace and peace which will guard the hearts of His chosen believers.   


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7  [NLT] …   

14 Give ALL your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.  

… The Apostle Peter charges ALL Christians to give their (our) cares and worries over to God.  


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread   Author, Anne Cetas -  AT THIS LINK   tells of a friend and a mother who worried for years, praying that her daughter would receive help and medications for her mental health issues.  Finally she took the advice of a friend, which really helped, who advised the mom to write out her worries and concerns and put them on a plate by her bedside which represented taking the worries and putting them on “God’s plate,”  thereby giving the mom’s worries and cares over to God and putting them on His plate.  


And that’s what the linked song and Scriptures above advise, don’t they?  And if my readers believe - as I do - that God’s word calls on His disciples and followers to do to receive God’s peace, why do we still fret and worry … when our God, in His word, calls on us to bring our worries and cares and put them on “His plate,” so that He can give us His peace.  I for one, am certainly going to take that deal!!  How about you?                

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for  giving me Your peace when I put my cares on Your plate, Lord.         

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying that those who read with me here will join me today to take our cares to You, Lord, rather than trying to carry them all on our plate. …  Amen

 

=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: