Monday, August 19, 2024

Aug 19, 2024 … Darkroom In The Forest …

Aug 19, 2024 … Darkroom In The Forest     


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   to hear Debbie Boone, with music and lyrics, singing You Light Up My Life, sings how Christ lights up the life of all who love Him.    


Tony Vaccaro photos during WW2 ... 
       

==========

Highlight Passage: … 2Samuel 22:29  [NLT] … 

29 O LORD, You are my lamp.  The LORD lights up my darkness. 

  King David sings praises to God for giving him light in the darkness of Saul’s pursuit and for God’s deliverance from death.                                     

    

Highlight Passage (in context): … 2Samuel 22:1-7, 29-30 NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

King David sings praise to God for giving David light in the darkness and deliverance from the former King, Saul.                                                                                                                             

==========           


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] …   

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path    

… King David sings of God’s word providing him (and us) with a light to guide our path in life..


Reference Passage: … Matthew 5:14-16  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus calls on His followers to become lights for others to follow in the dark world from the good deeds Christians perform.           


Reference Passage: … John 1:4-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK   

… John, the Baptist, foretells the coming of God’s light into the world to give light in the darkness.                      


Reference Passage: … John 8:12  [NLT] …  

12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” 

…Jesus declares that HE is the light of the world to lead us in life.     


Reference Passage: … 1John 1:5-7  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… The Apostle John writes to fellow Christians that when we follow the light of Christ in the world, His light will lead us to glory and cleanse them (us) from sin.   


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Tim Gustafson  -  AT THIS LINK    told of Tony Vaccaro, who saw himself as a photographer during WW2, … taking pictures of soldiers (like that of the attached photo)  and developing the pictures in the field, during the darkness of the war.     


And if my readers have taken in the ODB entry and heard the 1960s song by Debbie Boone and meditated on the Scripture above,…  then you - like I have been - are likely to be lifted up to see that we must follow the Light of our Lord in this dark world.  So, join me to seek out and follow our Lord’s light from His word again today.             

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for  Your word, Lord, which provides me with light to follow in this ever darkening world. .        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying that those who read with me here will join me to follow the light of Your truth down the dark paths of life. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: