Sunday, August 04, 2024

Aug 4, 2024 … Genuine Faith …

Aug 4, 2024  … Genuine Faith …    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  to hear Carrie Underwood with music and lyrics, singing Jesus Take The Wheel, which calls on all Christians turn our lives over and let Jesus take the wheel of our lives. 



==========

Highlight Passage: … Matthew 8:9 [NLT] … 

I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”  

… The Roman officer showed his faith in Jesus’ authority over healing.                        

    

Highlight Passage (in context) … Matthew 8:5-13  [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 

 shows His followers what genuine faith looks like in the willingness of a Roman soldier to show faith in Jesus’s authority over the healing of the soldier’s son.                                               

==========           


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK

… Solomon shows that trusting and following God’s will … will always lead us to follow God’s ways as He leads us to His glory.      


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] … 

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.  

… Jesus shows Thomas and His Disciples that only those following Him will lead them (and all who have faith) to heaven.                            


Reference Passage: … Acts 4:12  [NLT] …  

12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”

… After the healing of a crippled man, Peter declares where his faith came from in following Jesus as The Messiah.   


Reference Passage: … Romans 1:17, 3:22, 10:19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul teaches all would hear about how their (our) genuine faith in Christ as Lord is the only way to live.     


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:8-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul declares to fellow Christians that their (our) genuine faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross is the only way to be saved.   


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 11:1, 6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s word, thru the Author of Hebrews, shows what genuine faith looks like.  


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread  Author, Adam Holz -  AT THIS LINK  -    tells of a father speaking to his daughter, in his roll as a taxi driver,…  that he would have to defer to his wife to help him decide on a question their daughter had …  because, …  he was “just the driver.”            


I think we all feel like the father in that ODB entry, as “only the driver” feels, don’t we; … where we’re looking for direction in making important decisions in life?  But the Roman Centurion in the Highlight passage today knew exactly whom he would follow, … seeking healing grace for his daughter; and that was to look to Jesus, Whom the soldier had seen and knew had authority over healing .  

Whom are we looking to take our wheel, today?  I’m praying it’s whom I’m following; … and that Is My Lord and Savior,  thru HIs word.   Common, fellow Christian, … let’s follow Who Carrie Underwood sings about in the linked song; …  and ask Jesus to take the wheel in our faith for Him to save us and lead us in life 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for taking my wheel today  … and ALWAYS.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I’m praying that those who read with me here will turn over our wheel today, Lord, to You!  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.