Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 28, 2020 … Redeemed and Set Free

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 180 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Big Daddy Weave singing … Redeemed … poignantly singing about how we, as Christians, are redeemed from our past sins - ALL OF THEM - and set free to witness our freedom in Christ.


=============
Highlight Passage : … Acts 9:22 [NLT] ... 22 Saul’s preaching became more and more powerful, and the Jews in Damascus couldn’t refute his proofs that Jesus was indeed the Messiah. 
 … Saul of Tarsus, redeemed and renamed by Jesus to become the Apostle “Paul” … 
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … Acts 9:1-22 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… The wondrous conversion of Saul of Tarsus, persecutor of Christians, who would be redeemed by Christ and become the Apostle Paul.
=============

Reference Passage : … Joel 2:28-32 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… God’s prophesy, thru Joel, of the Messiah, Who would come to redeem and save all who repent and believe in Him [see especially verse 32].

Reference Passage : … Romans 10:9-10 [NLT] ... 9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. 
 … Paul preached the truth of redemption and salvation by repenting of our sin and believing in the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 1:5-7 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to praise the Lord for God’s saving and redeeming grace.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] ... 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  
 … Paul shows fellow Christians that our sanctification and ransformation by our faith in Christ frees us from our sin past to live a redeemed life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks, AT THIS LINK  uses a story of a serial killer, who became a Christian while in prison, and became a die-hard witness for Christ the rest of his life. And the ODB author then makes reference to the great story of redemption and salvation which occurred in the conversion of Saul of Tarsus, … whom we know became the Apostle Paul, the greatest of the New Testament witnesses for Christ.

I, for one, identify with the conversion and redemption story of the Apostle Paul (see highlight passage), because almost four decades ago, I was saved from a life of an angry atheist, verbally attacking Christians as much as I could, to become whom I am now, … an ordained minister of the Gospel. And as Big Daddy Weave sings in the linked song, I was able to walk free in repentance with a testimony of redemption and freedom to share with others.

I pray any/all reading here have experienced that redemption and freedom (see attached photo); because if you have not, please email me at - billb13@bellsouth.net - and I can show you how you too can be redeemed and set free from your past patterns of sin.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being my Redeemer and setting me free from the shackles of my past sins.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, … to share, maybe even this week, … the redemption we all have in Christ. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: