Thursday, June 18, 2020

June 18, 2020 … Following His Path

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 170 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from The Maranatha Singers singing … Thy Word … poignantly singing of how God’s Word is a lamp, leading us thru life with God’s light of truth.

Ploughing a straight row ... 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2Kings 22:2 [NLT] ... 2 He [Josiah] did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight and followed the example of his ancestor David. He did not turn away from doing what was right. 
… Josiah, a young King of Judah, was able to stay God’s course by following His will from His word closely.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2Kings 22:1-2, 9-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Young King Josiah followed God’s will from His word and was able to follow the Lord’s way closely and reliably.
=============

Reference Passage : … Joshua 1:8 [NLT] ... 8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 
 … God showed Joshua, … and us, … the way to the Promised Land by studying and following God’s word.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105-106 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Following God’s will, thru His word, is the only way to let God’s way lead us thru life.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] ... 5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. 
… If we trust God’s will thru His word, He will show us the right patch to take in life.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NLT] …  21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
… God reveals His way and His will to those who pursue, find, and obey His word.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s word - ALL OF IT - is our guiding light, leading us to follow God’s will in life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, John Blase, uses a word picture of God’s Word being like a farmer using a special type of GPS to plough straight furrows. … The ODB author wrote: It used to take the steady eye and the firm hand of a farmer to drive a tractor or combine down straight rows. [SEE PHOTO] But even the best eyes would overlap rows, and by end of day even the strongest hands would be fatigued. But now there’s autosteer—a GPS-based technology that allows for accuracy to within one inch when planting, cultivating, and spraying. It’s incredibly efficient and hands-free. Just imagine sitting in a mammoth combine and instead of gripping the wheel, you’re gripping a roast beef sandwich. An amazing tool to keep you moving straight ahead.

My dear fellow Christian; … if you’ve taken the time to hear today’s song and taken in the Scriptures above, I really don’t need to add much more here, do I? I’m sure, like me, you’ve gotten what God has to say to all who are His true disciples; … that we can - AND WILL - plow straight rows in life, if we follow God’s will and His ways closely, … that is, … if - AND ONLY IF - we stay true to His word.

So, we must ask ourselves what we’re doing to use God’s perfect “GPS” (God’s Positioning System), … i.e., His word, … to lead us in life. Personally, that’s why you find me starting each day by turning on God’s lamp (see Ps. 119:105) to light my way, knowing that it’s really all I need (see reference Scriptures) to start my way by using His “GPS” for each day.

=============

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your perfect “GPS” to show me the way to stay straight and to follow You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, … to seek God’s straight path, i.e., His will, … by using Your Word to guide our way. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: