Sunday, June 07, 2020

June 7, 2020 … Reaching Out to Help

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 159 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images and song from Michael W Smith singing … I Will Carry You … poignantly singing of how our Lord and Savior shows us how to reach out and help us carry the burdens of life just as we’re called to do for others.

Indonesian teen in fishing hut rescued at sea ... 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 10:33 [NLT] ... 33 “Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. … “ 
… Jesus teaches on showing compassion to ANYONE who is in need of help.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 10:30-37 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus’ parable of the “Good Samaritan,” teaching on ALWAYS showing to others the love and compassion our God shows for us.
=============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK …
...  Jesus offers us His compassionate help - ALWAYS - just as we should for others.

Reference Passage : … John 15:12 [NLT] ... 12 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 
… Jesus commands His disciples to show others the same love His has shown for us.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 6:2-3 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… The Apostle Paul had learned to share Christ’s compassion and love with others and exhorts fellow Christians to do the same.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 2:3-5 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… God's word, thru the Apostle Paul,  exhorts us to have the same compassion as Christ has for us by reaching out to show it to others.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Poh Fang Chia, uses a true story of an Indonesian teenager being rescued at sea to illustrate the Christlike attitude we, as Christians, should have in reaching out to help others. … The ODB author wrote: A teenager named Aldi was working alone on a fishing hut anchored about 125 kilometers (about 78 miles) off Indonesia’s Sulawesi Island when heavy winds knocked the hut off its mooring and sent it out to sea. For forty-nine days, Aldi drifted in the ocean. [see photo] Every time he spotted a ship, he turned on his lamp to try and get the sailors’ attention, only to be disappointed. About ten ships passed the malnourished teen before he was rescued. 

Okay!! … I get it! … Jesus commanded it. … The Apostle Paul taught it. … But do I do it?

In general I don’t think of myself as being selfish or too haughty to help others, as some were depicted in Jesus’ parable of the “Good Samaritan.” I do pray, … for all of us, … that we’d be like the Samaritan in the story [see highlight passage]; or like Paul exhorted in the letters he wrote (see Gal.6:2-3 and Phil. 2:3-4).

And in these days, where the whole world seems to be crying for more compassion, I add to my prayer that we, … especially us Christians, … can see the hurting and need of others and reach out - with action - to do something to help. … But will we?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing me the way to reach out to others just as You have done for me.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, … to reach out, … when we see others hurting or in need, … and help them just as You have done for us. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: