Friday, June 26, 2020

June 26, 2020 … Our Heart Beats On

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 178 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing … Tell Your Heart To Beat Again … poignantly singing about how, as Christians, need to live out the promises of God to give us new life in Him.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Judges 5:21 [NLT] ... 21  The Kishon River swept them away — that ancient torrent, the Kishon. March on with courage, my soul! 
… Deborah sings of the hope of God’s people to march on in spite of oppression.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Judges 5:19-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… In a moment of danger for God’s people, Deborah, sings of hope in the Lord’s promise to protect His people.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 42:5-6 [NLT] ... 5  Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again — my Savior and 6 my God! 
 … The Psalmist sings of the hope we have in God when things are seemingly desperate.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… We must avoid our own perceptions and feelings in times of trial and weakness and trust in God’s strength to guide us.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] ... 10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
… God, thru Isaiah, promises His strength when we are discouraged or down.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28, 31 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… Paul came to recognize that all things show us that God is for us; and when He is, nothing can prevail against us.

  Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] ... 9 Each time [Jesus] said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
 … In a time of weakness and pain, Paul remember what Jesus had promised him about God’s empowering grace to cover us in our times of weakness.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan Voysey, AT THIS LINK, writes about a song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean (linked above) inspired by a true story of a heart surgeon pleading with his patient’s heart to begin beating again after it had been repaired during surgery but had stopped beating. The surgeon pleaded with the anesthetized patent to tell her heart to beat again … and it did.

And then the ODB author used a song sung by Deborah (see highlight passage), one of God’s Judges, who sang of God’s people marching on, even when things seemed desperate. And we all have times when we’re feeling like it’s hard - if not impossible - to go on, … don’t we?

But if we take in the linked song and we believe in the Reference Scriptures above, we can march on when life gives us severe set-backs. The question is, … when our heart almost stops beating with discouragement and hopelessness, will we, … IN FAITH, … tell it to beat on!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for promising your empowering grace to give me Your strength in my times of weakness.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, … to believe that God will empower us to move on when we’re halted in hopelessness. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: