Saturday, June 06, 2020

June 6, 2020 … He Knows Our Name

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 158 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers leading in worship and singing … He Knows My Name … poignantly singing of how our Lord and Savior knows His children by name and desires to be our friend.

Zacchaeus up a tree seeking Jesus

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 19:5 [NLT] ... 5 When Jesus came by, He looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. “Zacchaeus!” He said. “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today.” 
… Jesus calls “Zacchaeus” out by name.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 19:1-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Luke relates the story of Jesus calling “Zacchaeus” by name and saving him from himself just as He has done for those of us, like Zacchaeus, who have surrendered to Him in faith as Lord. 
=============

Reference Passage : … John 14:6 [NLT] … 6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 
… Jesus relates to Thomas (and us) that He is the only way to salvation.

Reference Passage : … Romans 10:9-13 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
… We must know His Name - and call on it in repentance and faith - to be saved.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] ... 20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 
… Jesus so desires to relate to each of us as friends; … but we’ve got to open our hearts and let Him in.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa M Samra, uses a personal story which reminded her of the bible story of Zacchaeus. … The ODB author wrote: In the middle of the crowd at a motorcycle demonstration where riders performed breathtaking tricks, I found myself needing to stand on my tiptoes to see. Glancing around, I noticed three children perched in a nearby tree, apparently because they also couldn’t get to the front of the crowd to see the action.  
Watching the kids peer out from their lofty location, I couldn’t help but think of Zacchaeus, who Luke identifies as a wealthy tax collector (see highlight passage and photo). 

I don’t know about you readers; but I’ve always identified with the story of Zacchaeus in the highlight passage. Like him I had alienated many believers in my life with the way I had lived my life. But also like the little man up a tree, Jesus called me out by my name (too long a story for now); and He, with His love and grace, led me to salvation to serve Him for eternity.

And I pray that all reading here realize that Jesus, thru His Spirit, wants those of us who can believe and truly know Him as “Lord” to open our hearts to Him [see Rev. 3:20] so that He can be our friend today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for calling me out by name and leading me to Your saving and sanctifying grace.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, … to hear our Lord knocking on the door of our hearts, and calling us out by name, to be His friend. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: