Friday, August 19, 2022

August 19, 2022 … Strong As Steel …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 231 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly singing of how our God provides His strength to cover our weakness.  


The diabolical ironclad beetle ... 


==============        


Highlight Passage: … Jeremiah 1:18a [NLT] …  

18 For see, today I have made you strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured, . like an iron pillar or a bronze wall … <

… God declares that one day the Lord will make His people to be strong like a steel fortress.  


Highlight Passage (Context): … Jeremiah 1:14-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Jeremiah, promises His people in Judah that He will make them strong as iron and impervious to their enemies.                                                                                                            

===============                                                                 


Reference Passage: … Isiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

… God’s promise, thru the Prophet Isaiah, to lift up His people and give them (us) strength in times of trial.


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 [NLT] …  

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”  

… Jesus declares to his anxious disciples that they (we) will face trials from the world; … BUT that HE, … KING JESUS, … had overcome the world.     


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] …  

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.  

… Jesus showed Paul (and all born-again believers) that His empowering grace and strength was available to cover us in our times of weakness. 


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:11-13 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Paul teaches truth that God will provide His strength in all circumstances.   


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7 [NLT] …  For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.  

… Paul shows fellow Christians that they (we) need not fear because God’s Spirit is there to give us His love and power.       

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Breadauthor, Jennifer Benson Schuldt … AT THIS LINK  writes about the diabolical ironclad beetle (see photo), which has an exoskeleton with the strength to endure 38,000 times its weight.   


And that beetle’s skeleton illustrates what the linked song and the Scriptures above describe; … that God provides HIS strength and HIS empowering grace to protect and provide strength for HIS chosen believers, no matter what the situation.  And God’s strength makes us believers STRONG AS STEEL.    


And I am certainly one who needs my Lord’s strength to cover me in times when I’m feeling weak or in times of trial or trouble.  How about you?        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me your strength of Spirit when I’m feeling weak - like today!    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to use Your strength today, Lord, to cover our weakness.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: