Tuesday, August 23, 2022

August 23, 2022 … Our Life Course …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 235 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Candy Pearson Shelton singing … He Leadeth Mepoignantly singing the old hymn showing our commitment as Christians to seek and follow the will and ways of our Lord in life.   



==============        

Highlight Passage: … 2Chronicles 24;2 [NLT] …  

Joash did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight throughout the lifetime of Jehoiada the priest.  

… Jehoida, God’s high priest, during the reign of young king, Joash, leads God’s people to follow the word and will of God.   


Highlight Passage (Context): … 2Chronicles 24:2, 13-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  Joash, the young King of Judah, follows the lead of God’s Priest, Jehoida, to lead God’s people toward God’s will and to follow the ways of the Lord.                                                           

===============                                                                    


Reference Passage: … Leviticus 26:3-4, 14-16 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Moses, clearly shows the need for following God’s will and His ways.  


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:105-106 [NLT] …  

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 106 I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again; … I will obey your righteous regulations. 

… King David sings of his commitment to follow God’s ways by following the light of God’s word. 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Solomon shows God’s people to trust and follow God wherever the Lord may lead them (us) and to avoid following our own ways.      


Reference Passage: … John 14:21 [NLT] …  

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” 

… Jesus shows His disciples that only those who follow His commandments (i.e. His word) are able to follow His ways and capture His enabling grace.     

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson … AT THIS LINK  writes about a song writer, Linford Detweiler, when asked what one must do in the music industry to become famous, replied with advice to avoid “… all manner of destructive forces from both within and without.”


Good advice, wouldn’t you say, for anyone these days who desires to be successful in life; but especially for us Christians who desire to be successful in following God’s will   And that’s what the linked song and the Scriptures above teach, don’t they?  


Bottom line - if we choose to seek out and follow God’s will and His ways, especially by using God’s word as our “GPS” (i.e., “God’s Positioning System”), God will reward us by leading us to His victory and His promised land.  And I pray that all reading here will join me to be those who seek to follow our Lord all the way to our home in glory.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for leading me to follow Your ways by following Your truth in Your word.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to use Your word again today, Lord, as our GPS in order to follow Your ways more clearly.       … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: