Sunday, August 07, 2022

August 7, 2022 … His Strength, Not Mine …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 219


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect … powerfully singing of how our - omnipotent - God will supply His strength when we’re too weak to handle the challenges of life. 


Paul Anderson - World's Strongest Man at the 1956 Olympics ... 


==============

Highlight Passage: … Isaiah 40:31a [NLT] …  

31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength, …  

  God promises new strength for those who trust in Him.       


Highlight Passage (Context): … Isaiah 40:28-31 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Isaiah, promises His strength for those who trust in Him in times of our human weakness.                                                                                                                                        

===============                                                                 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 73:25 [NLT] …  

26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.

  Asaph, the Psalmist, sings of God’s strength being his (and ours) forever.


Reference Passage: … Isiah 41:10 [NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

  God, once again thru Isaiah, promises to provide His strength in our times of weakness. 


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9-10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Paul recognized and gave witness to the reality that, in our times of weakness and pain, our only strength can - and often will - come from God.       


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [NLT] …  

13 For I can do everything through Christ, Who gives me strength.  

  God, thru Paul, assures Christians that our God will give us the strength to deal with the challenges of life.  


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7 [NLT] …  

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.. 

  In times of trial and weakness, the Apostle Paul teaches Timothy (and us) that God will lift us up with His Spirit of power.  

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Rayon … AT THIS LINK  tells of how Paul Anderson, considered the world’s strongest man at the 1956 Olympics, became weakened by illness and fever.  However, on his last attempt to do a lift, prayed to God and set a world record, lifting 413.5 lbs (see photo).  After the lift, about his prayer to God, Anderson was quoted as saying,  “I wasn’t making a bargain [with God]. I needed help.”


And if my readers have heard the powerful song from Steven Curtis Chapman and meditated on the Scriptures above, I think we all can identify with those who go to God in times of trial, or pain, or weakness.  Because, my fellow Christian, sometimes God is the only One to go to when we’re challenged beyond our limits in life. 


Maybe you’re there today.  To some degree I am., dealing with some personal pain.   So, today I’m taking Jesus as His words to Paul when the Apostle was dealing with that “thorn in the flesh,” … when Paul remembered Jesus saying, … “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”  Or … ss Steven Curtis Chapman sings, ”His strength is perfect when my strength is gone … “ 


I need HIs strength today; … perhaps you do too.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your strength when I’m so weak.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to plea for Your strength, Lord, … we need it today!!   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: