Monday, February 13, 2023

February 13, 2023 … Crossing the Street …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 45 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Naomi Raine singing  Safe … poignantly and powerfully singing of how we should feel safe in Christ no matter what we face in life. 



============        

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 118:5-6 [NLT] … 

In my distress I prayed to the LORD, and the LORD answered my and set me free. The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear.. What can mere people do to me.   

… The Psalmist sings of having no fear because the LORD watches over him (and us)>                                                                                                  

Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalm 118:5-14 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru a Psalmist, promises to be our refuge and strength in times of trouble.      

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God, thru Isaiah, calls on His chosen people to not be afraid whatever we face … because He, The LORD, will lift us up.   


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20b [NLT] … 

20 … And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  

… Jesus promises all Christians to be with them (and us) wherever they (we) go.     


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 4:15-18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul assures fellow Christians that we should hold on to the hope we have in Christ and fix our gaze on the glory ahead.    


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Paul also shows us God’s strategy to belay our fears.  


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7 [NLT] … 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 

… Paul  teaches Timothy - and all who would believe - that a spirit of fear NEVER comes from God.  .                                

                                                                             

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Arthur Jackson … AT THIS LINK   tells of how a friend became intimidated - and highly stressed - when she had to cross a very busy crosswalk on the way to work (see photo).              


And it would my wager, … if I were a betting person, … that many reading here have encountered situations or circumstances in life which cause anxieties or stressors to rise to the level of fear. Well, as the Bible says (in some form) 365 times … FEAR NOT!.  


And above, you find a number of Scriptures which are “GO TO” truths for for any Christian from God’s word which show me - and prayerfully you - that we need not fear … anytime - anywhere; .. because. for Christians in these very dark times, our God is ALWAYS with us and we’re ALWAYS just a prayer away from God hearing our prayers and lifting us up.  


So, I’m praying today that you all take in the linked song and meditate (if not memorize) the Scriptures above and then let God lift you up as you encounter your busy crosswalk in life today. 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS being there for me, Lord.                       

Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to set our fears aside as we follow You, Lord, across the street today. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.