Saturday, February 18, 2023

February 18, 2023 … That Powerful Prayer Card …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 49 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Paul Baloche singing  Open the Eyes of My Heart … poignantly and powerfully singing of we Christians need to be praying continually for God to open the eyes of our hearts in prayer.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Ephesians 6:18-19  [NLT] … 

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.  

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to use prayer as a primary battle strategy against our spiritual foes in the daily battles of life, … even asking for prayer personally from his fellow Christians                                                                                                     

Highlight Passage (Context): … Ephesians 6:10-20 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

  Paul shows fellow Christians how to do battle against our Spiritual enemies and how, thru prayer, to take the high ground in battle.        

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Mark 11:24 [NLT] … 

24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 

… Jesus shows His disciples (and all believers) the power of prayer what is within the will of God.         


Reference Passage: … John 15:7 [NLT] …  

If you abide in Me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.   

… Jesus repeats His promise to provide for His disciples (and us) whatever we desire when - and IF - we abide in Him completely.  


Reference Passage: …  Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul teaches to fellow Christians that we should take any/all anxieties to God in prayer seeking His peace to replace our worries.    


Reference Passage: … 1Thessalonians 5:17 [NLT] …  

17 NEVER stop praying.   

… Paul also exhorts fellow Christians to be in prayer for our fellow man continually. 

    

Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:16 [NLT] …  

16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.   

… God’s word also charges Christians to come boldly to God’s throne of grace in prayer when when our needs are great.                              

                                                                             

My Devotional JournalToday's <b><I>Our Daily Bread</b></i> author, Xochitl Dixon … AT THIS LINK …  reported several professors at a conference receiving prayer cards, hand written by a student at the conference, and feeling so personally uplifted and encouraged by these anonymous, but personally and powerfully written prayers.    


Have you ever been uplifted and encouraged - even strengthened - by the prayers of others, … perhaps like the Apostle Paul felt in prison when we wrote the letter to Christians he loved in Ephesus (in the highlight passage of Scripture above) or as Jesus encouraged His disciples just before He would go to the cross (see see Mark 11 and John 15 passages </b> also above).    


Today, I’m certainly convicted and encouraged to be in prayer for many that I pray for daily, acknowledging God’s promise to, not only hear my prayers, but encouraging me thru His eternal truth - i.e., His word - to come boldly to His throne of grace with my needs and the needs of others.   And that’s enough invitation for me to be here - and during my days - praying for others ., and yes, even for myself.                           


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for inviting and charging me to pray for Your power to be at work in the lives of loved ones and myself.               

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to call on the provision of grace offered by You, Lord, when we bring our prayers and concerns to You today.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: