Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 28, 2023 … Use Me Today, Lord …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 59 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Michael W Smith leading in worship and singing … Lord, I Give You My Heart … powerfully singing of how we Christians worship our God with our service to/for Him.    



============        

Highlight Passage: … Numbers 22:28  [NLT] … 

28 Then the Lord gave the donkey the ability to speak. “What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?” it asked Balaam. 

  God rebukes Balaam thru his donkey. to worship God by the way he treats his donkey.   


Highlight Passage (Context): … Numbers 22:21-31 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

  God uses a donkey to speak truth about life to the donkey’s master, … Baalam.             

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, shows His people (and us) that we must trust Him to be able to worship and follow the Lord by the way we live for our Lord.                 .         


Reference Passage: …  Jeremiah 29:11 [NLT] … 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.   

…God, to His people (and us), thru Jeremiah, showing that the Lord has plans for ALL His people to worship Him thru service to Him. 


Reference Passage: …  Romans 12:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul strongly teaches and exhorts fellow Christians to become living sacrifices of worship to our Lord by the way we live our lives for Him.    


Reference Passage: …  Galatians 2:20 [NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.   

… All Christians, being made over by Christ are now fashioned for service and worship to Him thru the way we live for Him.   


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago..   

… All, born again Christians have been refashioned for serving God as our way to worship Him.                                                                                                         

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks … AT THIS LINK related a true story of how a man in Africa trained a baboon to serve and work for him, doing things he could not do, working at a railroad yard.  And then the ODB author, reminded his readers of how God used Balaam’s donkey to show Salaam how to worship the Lord.  


And if a donkey and a baboon can be used of God to show mankind how to serve and worship our Lord, certainly we ought to be able to trust our Lord, thru the truth of His word <b>(see Scriptures above)</b> to worship our Lord though our service to Him. 


So, what can we be doing today that will allow us to worship the Lord thru the gifts and abilities He has given to us to serve Him.  Personally, I will keep on keeping on in the ministry God has led me to serve and worship Him again today.   How about you?!                                  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for leading me to worship You, Lord, by using the gifts You have given me to serve You.                   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to go out and worship You, Lord, by the way we serve You today.   … Amen                 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.