Thursday, February 02, 2023

February 2, 2023… Follow The Leader …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 33 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Wynans singing  I Will Follow Christ … poignantly and powerfully singing about how we Christians must choose to follow Christ to become more like our Lord.   



==============        

Highlight Passage: … Luke 6:40 [NLT] … 

40 Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher.   

… Jesus, The Teacher, shows His followers that they must be fully trained and follow their Teacher to become like Him.                                                                                        


Highlight Passage (Context): …  Luke 6:37-42 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

  Jesus, teaches how a student must follow His teacher to become like Him.   

===============                                                                     .                                                                                                           

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … 

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.  

… Solomon shows believers that trusting and following God’s ways is the only way to go in life.    

Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me.   

… Jesus shows His followers what it will take to become His true disciples.                


Reference Passage: … John 14:21 [NLT] … 

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”.  

… Jesus shows His inner 12 disciples (and us) that only those who truly obey His commandments and follow Him are the ones who TRULY love Him.


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 11:1 [NLT] … 

And you should imitate Me, just aa I imitate Christ.  

… Paul exhorts his fellow Christians to follow him because he knew he was following Christ.   


Reference Passage: … Philippians 2:3-5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK

… Paul exhorts his fellow Christians to humbly learn to take on the attitude of Christ to put the needs of others before self.     

                                                                             

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Marvin Williams … AT THIS LINK   … makes reference to a viral video (USE THIS LINK) to show a 3 YO karate student closely imitating her teacher to illustrate how we Christians must do all we can to imitate and obey our Lord to become more like Him in all we think, say, and do. 


And after my fellow Christian readers take in the linked song and the Scriptures above, as I have today, I pray that we are all asking ourselves if we are truly doing all we can to follow and become like our Master, our Teacher, … our Messiah !!  


Only if we’re willing to surrender and follow Christ’s will and His ways in life, will we be able to say, as did the Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 11:1, that others can follow us because we are truly obeying and following Christ.              


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being my model to follow in life.               

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to diligently and humbly follow You, Lord, in all we think, say, and do.        Amen


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.