Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015:  Confusion and Confidence

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 222  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please take the time to take in a video of the group Third Day singing the song Blessed Assurance with lyrics, proclaiming the reality that we can be at rest and feel blessed even with all the confusions of this world and the author of confusion, Satan, because we follow the Sovereign God of the universe, … King Jesus.  

 
Highlight Passage:   John 16: 33 [NKJV]  …  
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[d] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” 
… Listening and following Jesus leads us down the path of righteousness with confidence in Christ, Who has overcome the confusion of the world.
============ 
Highlight Context – John, Chapter 16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Jesus is the Author of confidence … Satan the author of confusion.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  ...
… You know this one, don’t you? … If not get it into your mind/heart; and live in its reality.

Reference Passage #2 - Luke 9: 23 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ,,,  
…  I hope we have this one memorized and then live in the confidence of its truth!  

Reference Passage #3 – Romans 8: 28 [NKJV] …  
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  
…  Know it; … believer it; … and live it!!

Reference Passage #4 - 1st Cor. 10: 13 [NKJV] …  
13 No temptation [or also “trial, trouble, tribulation, or testing”] has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted [or tried] beyond what you are able, but with the temptation [or trial] will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 
…  Nothing comes into our lives unless our God allows it for our good and His glory.    

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Julie Ackerman Link, with her own personal illustration of being confused over finances, reminded me of how my eyes glaze over whenever someone puts a financial spreadsheet in front of me. I can almost panic when my wife and I get into discussions about personal financial issues in our home. Fortunately, I have immense personal confidence in my wife’s ability to deal with financial challenges. She is my rock when such issues present themselves.

 Today, our ODB author, Link, took her readers back to the time when Jesus had assembled His inner 12 Disciples in the Upper Room for a Passover supper and to quell their confusion and fears over what He was telling them about leaving them to return to heaven and to provide them with the Holy Spirit [see John, Chapter 16 linked above]. Jesus knew they were confused and fearful; and He didn’t want them to fall prey to any confusion which the world or circumstances or Satan might put before them, especially with their Master about to be crucified. No, He wanted to assure them that, no matter what the world may present to confuse them, He, their Messiah, had overcome the world (see John 16: 33).

 And the ODB author, Link, using the word picture of confusing debits and credits, helps her readers [i.e., me] to understand that we often can get confused, when the author of confusion, Satan, tries to create fear and doubt in our lives. But really, we too often give the Prince of deception too much credit, when often it is our own misunderstanding or confusion which leads to our doubts and fears. Satan is ALWAYS limited with regard to anything he can/will do. He cannot do anything without God’s permission! Therefore, be assured … ALWAYS … that our God is in control; and He will not allow any trial to come our way unless He is using it for our good (see Romans 8: 28 and 1st Cor. 10: 13); because God is not going to allow anything into our lives which cannot or will not be for our benefit … and His ultimate glory.

 So, I don’t let debit/credit sheets get me down anymore; because I’m learning to put my ultimate assurance in my Lord and Savior, Who has overcome the world and is always there to guide me when I put my trust in Him (see Prov. 3: 5-6).

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … blessed assurance, You are mine and always in control!    … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: