Friday, August 07, 2015

August 7, 2015: “Fault-finder” … Who me?!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 218

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please once again take the time to take in a video of Queen Latifah, from the Movie, Joyful Noise, singing the song Fix Me, Jesus lamenting the reality of our brokenness and the need for us to surrender to God’s Spirit to reshape us into Christ’s image.


Highlight Passage: Philippians 1: 6, 9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK ...
… Thankful that God is not done fixing my prideful attitude of superiority
============
Highlight Context – Philippians 1: 1-11 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul teaches our need for God’s reshaping hand to reform us into His own image rather than trying to fix things in others …
============

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 34 [NKJV] …
  34 Surely God scorns the scornful; but gives grace to the humble. 
… So often I forget this truth in my haughtiness and pridefulness.

Reference Passage #2 – Philippians 2: 3-4 [NKJV] … 
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 
… Me, selfish? … Nah!! … Well, maybe sometimes. … Okay, all too many times!!

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, uses a personal comparison to highlight the point of his ODB entry today. He writes: Like many people, when I read a newspaper or magazine I notice the misteaks in grammar and spelling. (You saw that one, didn’t you!) I’m not trying to find errors; they leap off the page at me! My usual reaction is to criticize the publication and the people who produce it. “Why don’t they use ‘spell check’ or hire a proofreader?” 

 Well, I guess I need to find a ”FA” [“Faultfinder’s Anonymous”] group somewhere; because, all too often I find myself faultfinding when others make “misteaks” … OR, … at least when I think they do. Or … at the very least I find myself feeling smug and superior when I think I’m better than someone who’s been uncovered in an error or some form of sin. My attitude is too often, “Well, I may be a sinner; but at least I’m not as bad as this fool.” 

Yeah, ... perhaps “Faultfinder’s Anonymous” is for me. Really, what I need is what Queen Latifah sings in the song linked above. I need to surrender my superiority to the reshaping ministry of God’s Spirit; and let my Lord do His total reforming ministry in my heart [see Phil. 1: 6]. Perhaps then I might be able to be more humble and let His grace enlighten an enable me to be more discerning and forgiving of the brokenness of others. Do you know a good Christ-centered ”FA” group around where I live and move and have my being? I need some reshaping to let Jesus fix my superiority attitude (see attached photo).

My Prayer Today: Oh, my Lord, … Please do a reshaping of my pridefulness and help me to be more humble, discerning, and forgiving. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: