Saturday, August 08, 2015

August 8, 2015: In Christ – All Is Well – ALWAYS !!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 219

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please take the time to take in a video of Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing their song All Is Well declaring God’s truth … that no matter what happens in this unpredictable world, all is truly well in Christ, Who never changes.


Highlight Passage: Psalm 46: 10a [NKJV] … 
10a Be still and KNOW that I am God … 
… Thankful that God is not done fixing my prideful attitude of superiority
============
Highlight Context – Psalm 46 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… God is God … ALWAYS !!! …
============

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] …
  5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. 
… The unpredictability of life requires our trust in God when things don’t go the way we’d like.

Reference Passage #2 - Malachi 3: 6 [NKJV] …
  6 For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore, you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. 
 … And since I’m grafted in as a “son of Jacob,” I can always rely on my God.

Reference Passage #3 – Romans 8: 28 [NKJV] … 28 All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are the called according to His purposes. 
… One of the toughest truths in all of the NT to live out when things don’t go “our way.”

Reference Passage #4 – Hebrews 13: 8 [NKJV] … 
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.. 
… And this truth tells us that we can trust God’s immutability … FOREVER … no matter what happens.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, tells the story of the unpredictable win in the 2003 Women’s Open Golf tournament by golf pro Hilary Lunke, who had never won a tournament before her historic win that year; … and she never won a tourney after that. Crowder’s point is that life can be – and many times is – very unpredictable.

But life’s unpredictability often is not always so exciting or positive, is it? “Life sucks at times,” as the kids would say these days. Things are going along, seemingly well, and WHAMO!!! To use the golf analogy, we hit a ball in the water and it seems to ruin what could have been a really good score. 

But fortunately, no matter what goes awry in life, with its unpredictable nature, God never changes; and we can trust His word and His promises … ALWAYS!!! I hope anyone, reading here with me today, takes in all of God’s truths, copied and linked above, and truly believes in the reality that we can trust God and His immutability [i.e., His unchanging nature] no matter what comes our way in this very unpredictable world or life. That is my prayer for me … and for you … today.

My Prayer Today: Oh, my Lord, … my Jesus, help me to live by the reality that you never change and that we can ALWAYS trust You. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: