Thursday, August 06, 2015

August 6, 2015: My Family Forever

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 217

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please once again take the time to take in a video of the group, Avalon, singing the song No Orphans of God proclaiming the truth once we accept the Son of God, Jesus, as our Lord, we become part of God’s family – FOREVER – with al the rights and privileges He awards to all in His family.


Highlight Passage: John 1: 12-13 [NKJV] …
  12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 
… Becoming a child of God in the family of God … with all the privileges thereunto. 
============
Highlight Context – John 1: 6-14 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… John the Baptist witness to the Light of the Lord … The Living Word
============

Reference Passage #1 - Romans 8: 16 [NKJV] …
  16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, … 
… God’s Spirit is in me – giving witness to the reality that I’m a child of God.

Reference Passage #2 – 1stJohn 5: 11-13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… As a born again Christian I have been given full privilege in His family … FOREVER.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Lawrence Darmani, tells personal story of living with a generous, caring family while a student in Africa while away from his parents, who were missionaries in Ghana. He felt loved and cared for by the family; however, when the family needed to make an important decision, he was not included in the family discussion. In other words, he was not given the privileges of “family.”

 Then author, Darmani, used the illustration to contrast with the Gospel of John, which was written by the Apostle John to give Christians confidence that when anyone surrenders to the Lordship of Christ, he becomes a member of God’s family with all the rights and privileges accorded thereunto [see John 1: 11-12]. And this passage and the others linked or copied above make it clear that, as the group Avalon sings (linked above) … there are NO ORPHANS in the family of God!!

 I hope anyone reading with me here today truly is born again into God’s family and fully realizes all the privileges God’s Son has given us along with our surrender to the Lordship of Christ. Wow! … I’m a child of God; and my Lord will never let me leave His family and He will be there for me and with me forever as part of His family.

My Prayer Today: Oh, my Lord, … You are my Lord and I am in YOUR family … forever. HALLELUJAH! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: