Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 22, 2015:  Godly Family

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 233  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINKPlease take the time to take in a video of Bill Gaither leading his gospel singer friends in the song, The Family of God, with tears of joy flowing as these friends remember two of their number who had followed God and sang to His glory all their lives.  

 
Highlight Passage:  Psalm 11: 10 [NKJV]  …  
8 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; … A good understanding have all those who do His commandments His praise endures forever. 
… The lead in for Psalm 112 (see link below]
============ 
Highlight Context – Psalm 112 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  God blesses the man who “fears the Lord and delights in His commandments. [See v. 1]
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 1: 7, 3: 5-6, 4: 7-9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… The Godly fear and seek God’s wisdom to guide them in all they do.

Reference Passage #2 - Matthew 5: 3-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… The blessed ones!

Reference Passage #3 - John 14: 21 [NKJV] … 
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 
… The words of Jesus blessing those who love and live by His word.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Dave Branon, reflected on being raised by a father who had been injured in war but never complained and humbly followed God in raising his family. And Branon’s family were blessed to be led to know God and live by His word … because of a father who quietly knew the Lord and used God’s wisdom from His word to raise the Branon family.

 When I was first married and we had two daughters, I didn’t know God as my Lord/Savior. But PTL, I did come to follow Him as our girls were in their formative and growing years; and I’m so grateful to have discovered this truth of patenting, taught by Branon in today’s ODB entry, … that of being led by God’s word and using His wisdom to lead my family. Because both of our daughters now are Godly women with kids who are being led in Godly families by parents who know the Lord and follow Him.

 I pray that principle has been the way any reader here has been raised; and that now you are leading your family into the family of God. If not, … now is the time to begin to live for our Lord in His family, follow His truth from His word and leadings others to know Him and to follow HIm.

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, … HALLELUJAH … Praise Your Holy Name that You, dear Lord, have led me into YOUR family for all of my days - and forever!!  … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: