Monday, August 03, 2015

August 4, 2015 … “Web Wisdom?”


Blogger Note:  This entry is being published on 8/3 due to my travel schedule. ... wrb

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 216

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlrftb3e_E       … Please once again take the time to take in a video of  the lyrics and the song I Choose To Believe, performed by Phillips, Craig, and Dean, proclaiming the truth of seeking our God’s ways, even when it’s difficult, … then to believe His ways and His will … IN FAITH.  

Blogger Vision ... Image a view of an internet microscope being able to visualize all the information flow in the world. 

Highlight Passage   Proverbs 26: 4-5   [NKJV]  …  
 4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him.
5  Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.  
 Don’t mess with fools or you will become one.  
============ 
Highlight Context - Proverbs 26: 1-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  Don’t play the fool or play with one.    
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6  [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
…  As often as I cite this passage, I would hope that any readers here know it and live by it. 

Reference Passage #2 - John 14: 21  [NKJV]  
 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”   
…  God’s wisdom is always manifest in the obedient servant of God … but totally absent in the disobedient fool who avoids God’s word or rejects its wisdom.  

Reference Passage #3 - James 1: 5-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …  
…  if we Christians need God’s wisdom, all we have to do is ask for it, believe it, and then live it.    

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread 
author, Tim Gustfson, points in his teaching today to the plethora of information which is available today on the web.  Any time I desire, I can whip out my “smart” phone and ask the “wise” Google genie, whomever she is, what I need to know; and she quite often will verbally answer my question or give me a number of links to the web to let me search for my desired information.

The question today is not whether we have enough information, which, of course we do in abundance.  No, … the question is whether we use this information, especially that from worldly sources, in a wise manner.  And that’s what today’s OBD entry is trying to teach its readers.  

The Book of Proverbs, written by wise agents of God, like Solomon, was given to God’s people, to help us, with our freedom to search for God’s way and to find the wisdom of God… or rather to be satisfied with the wisdom of our fellow man.  God didn’t make us as automatons, who always have His wisdom and His will programmed into our minds.  No, from the Garden to Glory, God has given us the ability to search out the mind of God or to go with our own way with worldly wisdom.  if this were not the case, the concept of “faith” would have no meaning.  

And now, in this post-modern age, we have so much knowledge and “wisdom” available to us, especially with the advent and development of the internet.  And so, the question is always going to be … do we want God’s will and His way and HIS wisdom; or are we going to be content to find our answers online and let the world give us our answers?  Because if we are content to let Google give us our wisdom, we will be “the fool” written about above in Proverbs 26.As Jesus’ brother, James ,wrote (see James 1: 5-8), we can search for God’s way and His will from His word and then live by it in faith; or we can be satisfied to be a fool and let our minds be filled with man’s information from the web.

Well, my friends, as for me, I know where I’m going to seek out wisdom; and that’s why I’m here today to seek out the mind of God from His word.   And I’ll be back here tomorrow to do the same thing.   

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, …  I will continue to seek for my wisdom first from Your word … desiring always, in faith, to seek out Your will and Your way.    … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK -  http://www.odb.org  - on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: